Author Topic: Can the Magistrates assist?  (Read 6998 times)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Can the Magistrates assist?
« Topic Start: December 09, 2011, 07:13:43 AM »
New Knight   (24 minutes ago)
A new knight has emerged from the ranks of the Cagilan Empire nobles. Kasallo Arminius is starting his career today.
He originates from Oyonniarre. He comes from a new noble family (OOC: 0 days in the game) and he might need some assistance to get started. Mentors, take note. You can check the background of this family or send a welcome message.

Out-of-Character from Kasallo Arminius   (23 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (76 recipients)
was thinking of playing again to get revenge on CE, read this http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Kinsey_Family/Enri/First_Crusade , realize you were cheating the whole time ("but we had our ears inside BoM" aka ooc spying), !@#$ all of you.

Noble has left   (22 minutes ago)
The player of Kasallo has deleted the character.

Noble has left   (22 minutes ago)
The player of Kasallo has left the game, the character is therefore deleted.

This player created an account and then deleted it, just so that he can cuss us out (breaking the Social Contract) without fear of punishment.

Is there anything that we can do about this? Can we check to see if he created another account on the same IP since then?
------
qui audet vincit

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Can the Magistrates assist?
« Reply #1: December 09, 2011, 07:17:10 AM »
I don't think the Magistrates are active on AT are they? Regardless this seems like something the Titans would be better suited to chase up.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 09, 2011, 10:27:36 AM »
My apologies. I did not know that the Magistrates are island-specific. I hope that we can extend the system to other islands when the Magistrate system moves out of the testing phase.

I've made a Titan complaint, but Titans are usually conservative in dealing out punishments. This player did break the social contract, but his account is already deleted. If he were to create another one, that wouldn't be multi-ing either. I wrote to the Titans that he's abusing the account system, and I'm not even sure if I can make that one stick.  :-\

I know that some people here hate CE, but I believe I speak for everyone on CE when I say that, we pride ourselves on being a welcoming, friendly realm for new players to start in. We had a few new players start just in the past week. Now one of their first BM experiences is someone cussing them out. That's the only thing that upsets me. :(
------
qui audet vincit

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #3: December 09, 2011, 11:47:07 AM »
Ah, the perils of taking this game far too seriously. Either that, or the dude's a bigger jerk than me.

Hey, least you can tell those new guys that the dude's just !@#$ed up and trying to grief all of you. He sure as hell ain't gonna complain, since he's no longer there and all...And if he does, well then you know what his next account is.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 09, 2011, 07:15:36 PM »
Magistrates lack investigation powers anyways, so you'd need the titans for that even if it were on BT.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Fury

« Reply #5: December 10, 2011, 01:42:23 AM »
I'm on Atamara and can confirm those messages.

The magistrate link is not available on non-testing islands but in our last case we did rule on a case on a non-testing island when the complainant filed his case through his other character on a testing island.

However, Magistrates can only lock accounts and as the account has been deleted there is nothing to lock. That said, if the case is still filed all the Magistrates can do is submit its findings to a higher authority for further action.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 10, 2011, 06:29:46 AM »
Clearly a violation, but no idea if anything can be done about it.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

egamma

« Reply #7: December 10, 2011, 11:03:07 PM »
waste of time. player didn't realize the spying is done all the time, by everyone? ha!

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 12, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »
ic spying or ooc spying? XD
firefox

egamma

« Reply #9: December 12, 2011, 04:30:10 PM »
To me, I think the loser thought that there was OOC spying occurring, and they actually meant IC spying.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 12, 2011, 05:07:57 PM »
How do you define OOC versus IC spying?

Zakilevo

« Reply #11: December 12, 2011, 06:32:45 PM »
Well ooc spying can be your buddy reading through your letters while you are away and using those letters against you!

IC is like actually putting a character in a realm to spy. Like Wilson in Arcachon did. Sending letters to Jenred and ultimately betraying at the end.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 12, 2011, 10:01:02 PM »

Sending letters via the game with some sort of justification as to why.  Doesn't have to be much of one.  I played a very mercenary character for a while who joined realms and immediately contacted the Ruler or someone of an enemy realm to sell them out, figuring that he'd make far better gold that way.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: December 12, 2011, 10:53:04 PM »

Yea, it's mostly the means of communication.

OOC spying is usually associated with friends sending one of theirs in the enemy realm so that they always know everything that's going on in real time. Usually the character is planted there only for this purpose.

IC spying, well, is done for IC reasons. The only way you can really tell it apart, though, is whether the information is leaked on msn or by game channels, as an IC spy could also be sent to a realm for the sole purpose of spying.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: December 12, 2011, 11:44:51 PM »

Was the information passed via IC communication? Then it's IC spying, even if the player behind the spy is your roommate. As long as there is an IG paper trail.