Author Topic: Torture Reports as Message Forwarding  (Read 28566 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Torture Reports as Message Forwarding
« Reply #30: December 10, 2011, 02:48:21 PM »
For myself, if somebody says, "General Gooba of Kepler is in Kepler City" my first response isn't to go "Scribe report plz?" Or, if it is, that isn't so that I can test the veracity of the fact of his presence, but so that I can get the full details the initial reporter left out. And because I as a player enjoy the psychological certainty of a scout report, and sometimes that bleeds through (though I actually rarely look at scout reports).
So you admit that you sometimes ask for scribe notes for the 100% OOC certainty that it gives you, the player. But you're here prosecuting a magistrates case against another player claiming that's what he did?

Even if the verdict is not ultimately decided against the Zuma GM (and I understand fully that the lack of the case's falling under a specific sub-heading renders that practically inevitable) I do request that the verdict still take note of this issue somehow, and reflect what several Magistrates have said: that even if this type of behavior is not explicitly forbidden, it's still pretty !@#$ty, especially from a GM on an SMA island.
Absolutely not. That kind of thing is way outside the mandate of the Magistrates. They are here to rule on issues involving the Social Contract and Inalienable Rights only. They are not a Roleplay police, or some some board to be used to certify that a player is a nice guy. They are not here to certify that some player was being a dick.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.