Author Topic: Allied Scouts  (Read 3184 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Allied Scouts
« Topic Start: December 12, 2011, 05:37:50 AM »
Basically the idea that when you capture an allied scout, he wouldn't die. I doubt that back in mediaval times that an allied noble would kill another nobles scout. And before that, the captured scout wouldn't withhold the fact that he was sent by a realm mate.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Allied Scouts
« Reply #1: December 12, 2011, 05:49:42 AM »
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 12, 2011, 02:43:17 PM »
And before that, the captured scout wouldn't withhold the fact that he was sent by a realm mate.
From now on, I'm going to train all my scouts to lie, and say they are employed by the realm-mate of whatever nobles captures them.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 12, 2011, 09:12:16 PM »
From now on, I'm going to train all my scouts to lie, and say they are employed by the realm-mate of whatever nobles captures them.

True, but once in a while when you capture a scout you do find out who he was sent by. Obviously we wouldn't trust his word, would we? So if it is possible to find out which noble he was sent by to some extent, then the scout must have something in his possession to prove this or a letter from his noble. Perhaps just raise the chance of finding out who the scout came from if it was from an allied noble. If that does occur, the scout returns to the allied noble.

Did you read this thread?

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,1588.0.html

Nope, because that was in Helpline and not Feature Requests :)

He was posing a question while I am suggesting a feature tweak.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:18:53 PM by DoctorHarte »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 12, 2011, 11:45:02 PM »
True, but once in a while when you capture a scout you do find out who he was sent by. Obviously we wouldn't trust his word, would we? So if it is possible to find out which noble he was sent by to some extent, then the scout must have something in his possession to prove this or a letter from his noble. Perhaps just raise the chance of finding out who the scout came from if it was from an allied noble. If that does occur, the scout returns to the allied noble.

Nope, because that was in Helpline and not Feature Requests :)

He was posing a question while I am suggesting a feature tweak.

It is a known fact in the BM world that torture produces the truth. Considering that, how do you think we find out which noble sent the scout? When you don't find it the scout died from the torture before the desired result was reached.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 13, 2011, 08:50:55 AM »
It is a known fact in the BM world that torture produces the truth. Considering that, how do you think we find out which noble sent the scout? When you don't find it the scout died from the torture before the desired result was reached.

But when you do find the scout, does that scout return if the noble who sent it was a realm mate?

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 13, 2011, 09:10:42 AM »
But when you do find the scout, does that scout return if the noble who sent it was a realm mate?

As long as he's saying he came from an allied noble, he must be lying. :)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 13, 2011, 12:12:20 PM »

Sure, I will return the tortured cripple to my realm mate, I'm sure he will be happy to have him back. We nobles have such a great history of caring for peasants that can no longer serve in a useful capacity :)

Captured scouts so far as I know are never returned, be they from an enemy realm, neutral realm, allied realm or realm mate.