Author Topic: Large Update Bugs and Breaks  (Read 74397 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Large Update Bugs and Breaks
« Reply #30: December 14, 2011, 12:33:26 PM »
I spent 6 hours repairing my troops equipment. It took my hours but equipment damage is still 100%. Sorry, I didn't pay enough attention to see if it correctly subtracted my gold.

Can't duplicate that on the dev server. Anyone else in the same situation? It might be an artifact of the 100% damage, so I'd like to hear from others with less damage if they can repair.

megs

• Knight
    • View Profile
Problem with new characters
« Reply #31: December 14, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
Today a new character started in Atamara, by a new game user, but there was no event system message that a new noble has started the game.

Usually you get:
New Knight   (... days, ... hours ago)
A new knight has emerged from the ranks of the Eston nobles. .......................... is starting his career today.
He originates from Melias. He comes from a new noble family (OOC: 0 days in the game) and he might need some assistance to get started. Mentors, take note. You can check the background of this family or send a welcome message.

Also, if you go to this user’s page, at the history full or short, you cannot see the character and when he was created. It appears as the user has never created a character, although the list of characters is correct.

The link to his page is:
http://battlemaster.org/UserDetails.php?ID=32871&HistoryLevel=3

i don't know if this is related to the new code.
I am of course unable to reproduce this.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #32: December 14, 2011, 04:37:26 PM »
This might be the FamilyHistory bug that we've been searching for.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: December 14, 2011, 06:29:55 PM »
Realm Report for Imperskoe Viys'ko iz Fheuv'na   (6 minutes ago)
all nobles of Imperskoe Viys'ko iz Fheuv'na
Drinilla
(...)
Tsamn
(...)

I find it quite disturbing to only see these two regions on the new realm region report. Where are the rest of the regions?

Also, why is this running at mid-day TC?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: December 14, 2011, 07:16:08 PM »
There was a major bug on Atamara. Big battle in Corniel, but it appears as if the battle results did not get saved. It's like the battle never happened. None of the nobles that were supposed to have been wounded or captured actually have the status of wounded or captured. And all our troops are still alive.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: December 14, 2011, 07:45:06 PM »
Two bug reports:

1. No battles seem to be happening at all on Atamara. One of my chars were in that "mock battle" in Corniel. My other char marched into a region with Monsters but did not fight it with his unit. I did not even get a battle report for the latter case. This is going to get annoying real fast until it's fixed. I hope nobody is dealing with numerous rogue spawns.

After all the current refactoring gets done, I request that we lock down the stable islands, and only push code to it after reasonable testing on BT/Dwi. Currently, it seems that too many bugs and issues get leaked to stable on a regular basis. The stable islands are not stable at all. They are just a slightly outdated version of testing without the newest features. The worst of both worlds.

2. On Dwilight, if you click on Information -> Dynamic Map instead of looking at the map via the travel menu, the map looks... wrong. It looks like an outdated or draft version of Dwilight. The islands of D'Hara are the wrong shapes, cities are missing, and the islands of Madina is reduced to a single volcanic island.
------
qui audet vincit

lorduck

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: December 14, 2011, 07:47:26 PM »
There was a major bug on Atamara. Big battle in Corniel, but it appears as if the battle results did not get saved. It's like the battle never happened. None of the nobles that were supposed to have been wounded or captured actually have the status of wounded or captured. And all our troops are still alive.

At least one character has wounded status, mine.  Mandar Duckmane, Darka, is listed as lightly wounded on my status page and the mini-status bar at the bottom of every page.  My troops, however, are all still alive as Indirik reported.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: December 14, 2011, 07:48:12 PM »
After all the current refactoring gets done, I request that we lock down the stable islands, and only push code to it after reasonable testing on BT/Dwi. Currently, it seems that too many bugs and issues get leaked to stable on a regular basis. The stable islands are not stable at all. They are just a slightly outdated version of testing without the newest features. The worst of both worlds.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of these changes and the structure of the game code, that will actually be less possible after these updates than it was before.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: December 14, 2011, 08:11:23 PM »
2. On Dwilight, if you click on Information -> Dynamic Map instead of looking at the map via the travel menu, the map looks... wrong. It looks like an outdated or draft version of Dwilight. The islands of D'Hara are the wrong shapes, cities are missing, and the islands of Madina is reduced to a single volcanic island.
Yes, this is a known problem. The map there now is actually he original draft of the island. It was significantly modified before the final iteration was arrived at. Unfortunately, no one can find a copy of the final geographic map that was made before the region borders and names were applied. The person that made the map no longer plays, and has not played for several years.

Not sure what we're going to do about this one.

Anyone fancy taking the draft geographic map, and modifying it to recreate the current version, but without the borders/names? Shouldn't be *that* hard to do if you're good at photoshop.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: December 14, 2011, 08:22:45 PM »
repaired (all, 7%?) in bt with no real problems.
firefox

egamma

« Reply #40: December 14, 2011, 08:25:20 PM »
Yes, this is a known problem. The map there now is actually he original draft of the island. It was significantly modified before the final iteration was arrived at. Unfortunately, no one can find a copy of the final geographic map that was made before the region borders and names were applied. The person that made the map no longer plays, and has not played for several years.

Not sure what we're going to do about this one.

Anyone fancy taking the draft geographic map, and modifying it to recreate the current version, but without the borders/names? Shouldn't be *that* hard to do if you're good at photoshop.

What about piecing together the updated parts with the "region view" images on the region detail pages?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: December 14, 2011, 08:30:19 PM »
They have the names and borders on them.

Also, they are only the medium resolution versions, not the full-size versions.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: December 14, 2011, 08:31:47 PM »
1. No battles seem to be happening at all on Atamara. One of my chars were in that "mock battle" in Corniel. My other char marched into a region with Monsters but did not fight it with his unit. I did not even get a battle report for the latter case. This is going to get annoying real fast until it's fixed. I hope nobody is dealing with numerous rogue spawns.

Tracked down the cause of this: it was actually a bug in writing to the family history, which killed the combat script when one knight got killed in Corniel. That's what prevented the battles with monsters, etc.

The fix is now live, so the same thing should not happen on subsequent turns.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

shaeflay

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: December 14, 2011, 08:48:34 PM »

What was left of my troops stayed alive, but my character Eydris Zek was killed. I have another knight who fought in this battle, but I can't seem to send OOC messages to Corniel on her (I was trying to answer the OOC messages asking if my other knight died). Kind of annoying, but no big deal. It's a shame my hero died in a "mock battle".  :'( Sorry I broke Atamara!

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #44: December 14, 2011, 10:46:20 PM »
This is what happened when my infiltrator tried to waylay caravans.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'BadMethodCallException' with message 'Data item "mod" does not exist' in /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/BattleMaster/GameObject.php:35 Stack trace: #0 /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/BattleMaster/GameObject.php(14): BattleMaster\GameObject->_get('mod') #1 /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/Proxies/BattleMasterTravelProxy.php(54): BattleMaster\GameObject->__call('getMod', Array) #2 /var/battlemaster/live/testing/InfiltrateCaravans.php(11): BattleMaster\Proxies\BattleMasterTravelProxy->__call('getMod', Array) #3 /var/battlemaster/live/testing/InfiltrateCaravans.php(11): BattleMaster\Proxies\BattleMasterTravelProxy->getMod() #4 {main} thrown in /var/battlemaster/include/Doctrine/BattleMaster/GameObject.php on line 35