Author Topic: Large Update Bugs and Breaks  (Read 74066 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Large Update Bugs and Breaks
« Reply #225: January 05, 2012, 02:07:33 PM »
In the old system, it was intentional in a monarchy that being elected as ruler caused you to vacate your lordship position. This was probably carried over to the new system, as well.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #226: January 05, 2012, 02:26:24 PM »
The basic principle - true for all government systems - is that you can not have someone else simultaneously above and below you in the hierarchy. But if you were duke and lord, you can keep it - depending on government system. I'll have to look into the code to check how it works in a monarchy - anyone know by heart?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #227: January 05, 2012, 04:11:17 PM »
well.. there's no duke and no lord of sallowtown as of this minute.. and realm hierarchy entry looks funny. see attached pic. (the name of the knight kaliance is not on separate line)... regiondetails.php has him as a knight with 25% estate. so if it's to do with above and below, he would have been booted as knight too.

that pic (and just the pic) where knights as not on a separate line is similar to http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=6253

ok... a further dig...

------
Referendum Results   (11 days, 9 hours ago)
The referendum "Vote for lordship of Sallowtown" has ended. Here is the final tally:
-snipped-
As the winner of this referendum, Kalince is therefore proclaimed lord of Sallowtown.

As a reminder, the full text of the referendum was:
The region of Sallowtown is currently without a local lord. According to your government system, the next lord will be chosen by a referendum among the lords of the realm.
------
Battle in Sallowwild   (5 days, 9 hours ago)
(rogue) vs. D'Hara
Estimated strengths: 10 men vs. 70 men
Kalince Fanath, Prime Minister of D'Hara, Duke of Sallowtown is spotted wielding the Enchanted Arrow of Flame.
------
Lordship Vacant   (9 hours, 10 minutes ago)
Now the Prime Minister, Kalince is no longer Duke of Sallowtown.

Referendum Results   (9 hours, 11 minutes ago)
The referendum "Vote for the Ruler" has ended. Here is the final tally:
Therefore, Kalince Fanath, Prime Minister of D'Hara, Duke of Sallowtown has been confirmed in office.

====
so... looks like basically this... there was duchy of qubel lighthouse.. d'hara captured sallowtown which was right next to it. upon capture during midturn (captured during a manually run turn), sallowtown was part of duchy qubel lighthouse. at some point afterwards, it wasn't part of that duchy anymore and became its own duchy with sallowtown and sallowwild as regions and no idea why. (see referenced link in previous post)

the existent prime minister was then voted in as lord of sallowtown, battle announcements calls him prime minister and duke (that bit i get is down to titles using old system). there's no sign of any referendum for duchy position, so i guess elected lord of city is auto-proclaimed as duke. don't know if it's down to duchy position being vacant at that point whilst winner is ruler, or whether it's more a general thing.

---
incidentally... 1 turn later and there's now an election for lordship of sallowtown. no mention whatsoever for duke position.
----
just had confirmation from player that duchy created itself and kalince was prime minister, duke and lord
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:06:06 PM by fodder »
firefox

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #228: January 05, 2012, 11:41:46 PM »
incidentally, does the election code have elements that block dodgy candidates (hierarchy based ones)

ie... it should stop a ruler from running for election of lordships, if he doesn't have a duke position for the duchy of the region... similarly, dukes should not be allowed to run for elections if they are not duke of duchy of that region. - or if it makes things easier, they can run, but all their votes become spoiled ballots. (voters should be told the votes won't count)

though, the reverse should be allowed and if they win, boot them from the lower position if it then becomes incompatible (ie.. lords can run for duke of different duchy/ruler, knights for any position.)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:43:31 PM by fodder »
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #229: January 06, 2012, 12:55:47 AM »
the election code also isn't yet updated to the new estate system.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #230: January 06, 2012, 11:17:36 AM »
The basic principle - true for all government systems - is that you can not have someone else simultaneously above and below you in the hierarchy. But if you were duke and lord, you can keep it - depending on government system. I'll have to look into the code to check how it works in a monarchy - anyone know by heart?

If I had read that, I would have adressed the issue long ago. Well, ^ban^ is aware of it now.

My character in Fissoa is both Ruler and Knight of Drowenton. Apparently that shouldn't be even possible, but it somehow worked out :)

[Skyn was Lord of Drowenton, and Victorian his knight. When he was elected ruler, he appointed Victorian as the new Lord. Somehow, Skyn stayed under Drowenton in the hierarchy (but blacked out, like when someone new arrived in the realm. Not really an oath, but nonetheless linked to the region somehow). Victorian was somehow able to offer Skyn an oath. The allegiance window was kind of conflicting, though: "As knight of Drowenton, you owe your allegiance to Victorian." and "You are Grand Duke of Fissoa. As such, you owe your allegiance to nobody but yourself".]

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #231: January 06, 2012, 11:50:58 AM »
If I had read that, I would have adressed the issue long ago. Well, ^ban^ is aware of it now.

My character in Fissoa is both Ruler and Knight of Drowenton. Apparently that shouldn't be even possible, but it somehow worked out :)

[Skyn was Lord of Drowenton, and Victorian his knight. When he was elected ruler, he appointed Victorian as the new Lord. Somehow, Skyn stayed under Drowenton in the hierarchy (but blacked out, like when someone new arrived in the realm. Not really an oath, but nonetheless linked to the region somehow). Victorian was somehow able to offer Skyn an oath. The allegiance window was kind of conflicting, though: "As knight of Drowenton, you owe your allegiance to Victorian." and "You are Grand Duke of Fissoa. As such, you owe your allegiance to nobody but yourself".]

This is a long standing and known issue. A ruler can't take a NEW oath, but they kept any oath they already had. When you step down or are removed from a Lordship position you become a "noble" of that region, which is why you are greyed out. You retain this status until appointed Lord of somewhere else, or you take an oath somewhere else, both of which should be impossible for you now as a ruler.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232: January 06, 2012, 03:12:40 PM »
This new region report system, is pretty interesting. I like the fact that the minor stuff is filtered out from the higher level reports. i.e. the ruler doesn't need to know the minor details about minor loyalty/morale changes.  However, I would like to see monster and undead attack reported at a higher level. We have monsters attacking the Shrine of Seeklander, but the daily report just says "Nothing to report".  I think rampaging monsters killing 25 peasants and eating lots of food is a pretty significant event.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #233: January 06, 2012, 03:24:14 PM »
However, I would like to see monster and undead attack reported at a higher level.

That part has not yet been moved to the new code. Rest assured, when it is, this is how it will most likely work: The higher levels will receive a report about attacks. The lower levels will get the damage details.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #234: January 06, 2012, 09:06:54 PM »
On BT I no longer get reports when people do police work (might be the same for civil work) as the region's lord. I do get reports of buro work being done though.

That is in Unger, Thalmarkin by the way.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #235: January 07, 2012, 02:34:28 PM »
On BT I no longer get reports when people do police work (might be the same for civil work) as the region's lord.

You will again after the next update.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #236: January 07, 2012, 06:48:39 PM »
In Fissoa, something else has gone wrong.

The last Duke was forced out of his position. I created a new duchy, and appointed two new dukes.

The Duke of Fissoa was lord of a different region. He'd like to appoint himself as Lord of Fissoa now, but seems unable to do so, because he can't step down as Earl of Mangai.

I'll ask him to post in here with more info, though I think a bug has been filed in the bugtracker. If so, I'll ask for the report number.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #237: January 07, 2012, 09:04:38 PM »
Here's the ID: 0006476

lorduck

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #238: January 09, 2012, 04:01:05 PM »
Here's the ID: 0006476

Related problem, my character Balewin is the Duke of the new Duchy of Drowenton.  I was lord of Kamade and was elevated when that region was still a part of the Duchy of Fissoa.  I have retained my lordship, but can not change the allegiance of Kamade to the new Duchy.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #239: January 12, 2012, 06:59:20 AM »
On Dwilight, attempted to lift an autoban on a duke who just recently seceded. When I selected "Lift Ban" it brought me to a page stating "That player was never banned. Try again."
Tried returning to "Review and edit bans", finding his name still on the banned list.

I've tried on several different occasions, with the same result.

The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus