Author Topic: SW:ToR  (Read 7548 times)

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
SW:ToR
« Topic Start: December 12, 2011, 09:27:51 PM »

Anyone going to play it? I don't know if I have the time, but I'm still highly tempted.
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Zakilevo

Re: SW:ToR
« Reply #1: December 12, 2011, 10:10:32 PM »
I might play. This isn't a mmo or anything silly like that right?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 12, 2011, 11:34:16 PM »
Yes, it is a MMO by Bioware, the same guys that made the original KotOR. I would dearly love to play it, but the reality is I haven't had the time for anything other then browser games in more then a year.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 12, 2011, 11:41:35 PM »
Yes, it is a MMO by Bioware, the same guys that made the original KotOR. I would dearly love to play it, but the reality is I haven't had the time for anything other then browser games in more then a year.

Browser games can suck up more time than MMOs, though. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 12, 2011, 11:51:49 PM »
Browser games can suck up more time than MMOs, though. ;)

They can, which is why I tend to avoid games like Ikariam and Renations, and stick to games like BM and Daves Galaxy that only have a few turns a day. When I was playing WoW with friends we thought nothing of regular 16 hour gaming sessions.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 13, 2011, 12:54:37 AM »
Joined a Yank based guild for TOR on Lord Adrass. Legacy of the Republic and Legacy of the Empire (which might change to Legacy of the Sith if possible). Bunch of good guys and gals so should be a fun 3 years of entertainment at least. (16 Characters for 16 Classes... and thats if I dont do Light Side/Dark Side/Neutral characters, after all each class, advanced class and force side gets a little unique few quests, the advanced classes and main class having 1 each ofc)
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 13, 2011, 01:55:55 AM »
Joined a Yank based guild for TOR on Lord Adrass. Legacy of the Republic and Legacy of the Empire (which might change to Legacy of the Sith if possible). Bunch of good guys and gals so should be a fun 3 years of entertainment at least. (16 Characters for 16 Classes... and thats if I dont do Light Side/Dark Side/Neutral characters, after all each class, advanced class and force side gets a little unique few quests, the advanced classes and main class having 1 each ofc)

You might be insane.  :o
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 13, 2011, 06:16:21 AM »
I'm probably going to disappear for a few weeks due to it.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #8: December 13, 2011, 06:55:12 AM »
And if I do, I beat you.  And will troll you -on- the game.

I know of at least 5 BMers that ARE playing it and a few others who are strongly considering it.

*stretches*  And we can start playing tomo...  *eyes time*  Some time today.  Woohoo.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #9: December 13, 2011, 10:30:35 AM »
And if I do, I beat you.  And will troll you -on- the game.

I know of at least 5 BMers that ARE playing it and a few others who are strongly considering it.

*stretches*  And we can start playing tomo...  *eyes time*  Some time today.  Woohoo.

In fact the first wave of early access invites goes out in.. 2 1/2 hours. My character from SWG will be reborn...

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #10: December 13, 2011, 01:30:32 PM »
I'm in right now >.>  Lord Adraas server, a RP realm.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 13, 2011, 06:16:04 PM »
You might be insane.  :o

That assumption is most logical... and probable :D

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 13, 2011, 06:19:37 PM »
I'm in right now >.>  Lord Adraas server, a RP realm.

:( Might get to play tomorrow if I am lucky... did not pre-order until the 8/8.

Just a heads up, at Midday GMT (err 7am EST?) thats when the game decides whether or not you can play. This whole 'waves' thing about the invites is pure disinformation. Yes you will not get an invite until your 'wave' but it has no bearing on which day you can play on.

IE I might be able to play tomorrow after noon tomorrow but might not get the invite email until say midnight.

Or at least, that's what two of my guildies have confirmed has happened with them and their mates.

Chaotrance13

« Reply #13: December 13, 2011, 08:12:54 PM »
:( Might get to play tomorrow if I am lucky... did not pre-order until the 8/8.

Just a heads up, at Midday GMT (err 7am EST?) thats when the game decides whether or not you can play. This whole 'waves' thing about the invites is pure disinformation. Yes you will not get an invite until your 'wave' but it has no bearing on which day you can play on.

IE I might be able to play tomorrow after noon tomorrow but might not get the invite email until say midnight.

Or at least, that's what two of my guildies have confirmed has happened with them and their mates.

Indeed. I pre-ordered on the 26th July - so five days after the pre-orders officially started (as in codes being given out). If I'm not in Wave 5 (the one after the "bonus" wave), it won't be until tomorrow most likely.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: December 13, 2011, 08:20:28 PM »
Indeed. I pre-ordered on the 26th July - so five days after the pre-orders officially started (as in codes being given out). If I'm not in Wave 5 (the one after the "bonus" wave), it won't be until tomorrow most likely.

Lot of the people who ordered on the 21st still are not in :(