Author Topic: New allegiance  (Read 5710 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
New allegiance
« Topic Start: December 12, 2011, 11:39:24 PM »
Well, it's been some time since we switched over, but I'm still seeing many nobles that show as knights of regions that are part of other realms. Is this a bug that's on the to-do list, or something that was thought to be fixed?

For example, one of the knights of Iato signs as follows: Arkhaios Archeanis (Knight of Ieara)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: New allegiance
« Reply #1: December 13, 2011, 12:43:16 AM »
It's one of the things where old code still hasn't been updated. Old code will look for the clues of the old system to determine who is a knight.

You can help by gathering which pages/scripts show the wrong behaviour.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 13, 2011, 12:52:04 AM »
It's one of the things where old code still hasn't been updated. Old code will look for the clues of the old system to determine who is a knight.

You can help by gathering which pages/scripts show the wrong behaviour.

Well, message signatures, for one. I think it shows in a few other places, but I can't recall off the top of my head. I guess I'll post it as I see it. Others can contribute if they know of other places.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 13, 2011, 12:56:58 AM »
Well, message signatures, for one. I think it shows in a few other places, but I can't recall off the top of my head. I guess I'll post it as I see it. Others can contribute if they know of other places.

player-status.php is wrong
hierarchy.php seems to show the correct allegiance
message-send.php gives me the wrong options for sending a letter to my liege, it never updated when I moved estates. The message your duke link is also wrong

I'm not sure where else the info would appear.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #4: December 13, 2011, 05:54:55 AM »
Anders was a new knight who never changed from old system:

- I have no liege to message, nor anything to my Duke or other knights in my region or duchy
- messages show me simply as "Noble", not knight of any region

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 14, 2011, 02:59:10 AM »
Everyone is getting their taxes in bonds, despite everyone being within and owing fealty to the duchy of Iato.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: December 14, 2011, 12:34:30 PM »
player-status.php is wrong

should be right and much improved now

Alasteir

• Knight
  • March!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 15, 2011, 03:34:43 PM »
My character Angelo Invictus now is seen as a knight of Fronepu (it was seen as a knight from MArpii even with Marpii belonging to Fronen and his estates on Fronepu), but everytime messaginc it is counting as (noble).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 15, 2011, 03:50:58 PM »
IIRC the message system does not yet use the new allegiance system from the New Estates. Therefore, there will be a lot of issues revolving around that.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: December 15, 2011, 05:05:46 PM »
Why don't we receive taxes in gold when in our duchies anymore? Is this an intended change, or a result of some of these bugs?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 15, 2011, 05:07:10 PM »
Why don't we receive taxes in gold when in our duchies anymore? Is this an intended change, or a result of some of these bugs?

Not exactly either—it just hasn't been implemented yet under the new system.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Alasteir

• Knight
  • March!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 16, 2011, 01:17:50 AM »
Well, I believe nothing would be wrong than the aesthetic with the confusion of regions, I'm right?

egamma

« Reply #12: December 16, 2011, 07:29:43 AM »
should be right and much improved now

Oh, links to region and duchy and realm, nice!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: December 16, 2011, 07:37:40 AM »
Not exactly either—it just hasn't been implemented yet under the new system.

Any ETA? With a capital as excentric as Iato, this is really hurting our military efforts and adding significant delays.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #14: December 16, 2011, 10:19:02 AM »
Any ETA? With a capital as excentric as Iato, this is really hurting our military efforts and adding significant delays.

No ETA, but it's marked as a TODO.