Author Topic: Bring back old dynamic map  (Read 10767 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Bring back old dynamic map
« Reply #15: December 17, 2011, 04:15:39 PM »
Interesting how this new D-map lets people on Dwilight see exactly which regions belong to (rogue) and which regions belong to Zuma Coalition. I guess some people's curiosities are finally satisfied or something.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #16: December 17, 2011, 06:57:44 PM »
Interesting how this new D-map lets people on Dwilight see exactly which regions belong to (rogue) and which regions belong to Zuma Coalition. I guess some people's curiosities are finally satisfied or something.

I didn't realize that was still a secret. I thought by now they'd have scouted it out.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #17: December 17, 2011, 07:05:06 PM »
It's probably not. Then again, that makes me wonder why we still can't access info about (rogue) and Zuma Coalition regions like we can for human realms if they're not a secret. I mean, I can't even see details about regions...even for the region that I'm a knight and steward for, lol.

egamma

« Reply #18: December 17, 2011, 07:06:51 PM »
I didn't realize that was still a secret. I thought by now they'd have scouted it out.

I think the lands of the Zuma are well-known to those bordering the Zuma--problably not so much for those in Storm's End.

megs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: December 18, 2011, 03:20:50 PM »
Before this map, I had no idea which land were rogue and which Zuma.
I don't think that even their neighbours new with 100% certainty...
They could try to track region takeover messages, but you are not guaranteed to receive one.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #20: December 18, 2011, 05:20:27 PM »
I once asked Mr. Tom on the IRC thing what about the daimons over in the west. He replied with something that sounded of the form "There are stories of things". And so folk tales are revealed to be true in some form. Therefore now no more is there the veil. Miss Blue is going around to fight mountains.

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #21: December 18, 2011, 09:49:30 PM »
I think the lands of the Zuma are well-known to those bordering the Zuma--problably not so much for those in Storm's End.

You'd be surprised at how much the Duke of Storms End's duchy knows about the Zuma.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #22: December 18, 2011, 10:00:41 PM »
Does anyone other than the GM actually know anything about the Zuma? I somehow have reservations about claiming as such.

egamma

« Reply #23: December 19, 2011, 02:15:40 AM »
You'd be surprised at how much the Duke of Storms End's duchy knows about the Zuma.

Pick a random other region in the north-east then.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: December 20, 2011, 07:27:15 PM »
Before this map, I had no idea which land were rogue and which Zuma.
I don't think that even their neighbours new with 100% certainty...

Actually, I believe that they did. Just needed to be in contact with Terran to know.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: December 25, 2011, 05:09:36 AM »
Also what's with the "geography" option. It seems to just display a different but similar map.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #26: January 11, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »
For those who still care - the "political map" (which had been broken for a while anyways) now is the old dynamic map. So you can have both. At least for the moment.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: January 11, 2012, 10:21:07 AM »
Perfect.

With the old map, you used to be able to click regions to get the details. Will this be included in the new map as well?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: January 11, 2012, 03:07:25 PM »
As soon as we figure out how to do it. Tim was working on it yesterday, but wasn't able to get it working.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: January 11, 2012, 09:08:16 PM »
First - I love the new map.

And now that the 'political map' once again gives access to regional info and scribe notes I am (back) in heaven. One of my chars is a marshal and for planing anything conected to the military the (old) dynamic map with its scouting notes was a huge help. (Note: I still remember my ecstasy when the dynamic map was introduced for the first time).

So /thanks/ for adding the scribe notes and regional info to the Political Map!