Author Topic: Takeover Feedback, please!  (Read 20706 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Takeover Feedback, please!
« Reply #30: January 24, 2012, 09:00:52 PM »
It is intentional. At least until diplomats get specific "help the TO" actions. For now, they can help (or hinder) it by doing the proper regular actions.

Faulcon_deLacy

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: January 25, 2012, 01:36:19 PM »
Not so much broken as not yet added back into the game.

Do we have any estimation of when the colony takeover will be restored?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #32: January 25, 2012, 01:54:02 PM »
Do we have any estimation of when the colony takeover will be restored?

Not really. There are a couple issues with the concept in the new system I have to work out first.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #33: January 25, 2012, 05:47:34 PM »
I'd like to point out that it's taking days to take a region that is worshipful towards up with a takeover using the friendly actions. Is this normal?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #34: January 25, 2012, 06:03:01 PM »
I'd like to point out that it's taking days to take a region that is worshipful towards up with a takeover using the friendly actions. Is this normal?

It totally is. You don't conquer a place in a lazy afternoon, and their love of your realm is not the only factor that counts - they might be happy as they are, they might *also* like their current realm, etc. etc.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #35: January 25, 2012, 06:11:04 PM »
their current realm is rogue...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #36: January 25, 2012, 06:21:57 PM »
their current realm is rogue...

Which makes it easier, but they still won't fall at your feet the second you plant your flag in the market place.

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: January 25, 2012, 06:24:54 PM »
Then they like being 'independent' (i.e. in anarchy), silly!

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: January 25, 2012, 06:31:12 PM »
Which makes it easier, but they still won't fall at your feet the second you plant your flag in the market place.

Tom, is rogue sympathy supposed to be capped at some number?
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: January 26, 2012, 08:09:37 AM »
It can't be intentional the way things work right now... I hope. The TO of Dantooine, Dwilight is progressing at 1% for each individual support action, and most nobles have 40 men or more, which are quite large units for our budget, and use all their hours every turn. Solaria has 16 nobles, even if all of them are in the region spending full hours every turn, it'd take 7 turns for the region to flip. Since ideal conditions like that barely happen, we'll say 8-9 turns. Sure, we could use fear options and speed things up a fraction (or so I assume) but that makes no sense, nor do we want it. The region was fully devoted to Solaria when it was taken away by its lord, and sympathy is at worshipful.

If this is how TOs are supposed to work, then small realms, especially those with few nobles are at a HUGE disadvantage.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: January 26, 2012, 09:53:18 AM »
The region was fully devoted to Solaria when it was taken away by its lord, and sympathy is at worshipful.

The region was also fully devoted to Pian en Luries at this point. It still is as far as I know.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: January 26, 2012, 11:01:54 AM »
The region was also fully devoted to Pian en Luries at this point. It still is as far as I know.

Its not quite anymore, but yes this was affecting the rate of our take over. I guess the problem is that often in war the case will be the take over force will have rubbish sympathy and the owners will have good loyalty, which would make the TO even longer then what we have experienced.

Lets see how the Madina situation works out. Taking over a city, but with a significantly larger force will give some food feedback.

Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: January 26, 2012, 11:46:45 AM »
performing a fto on a region with a very high loyalty to the current owner (my very personal rule of thumb was if the loyalty is similar or more than the sympathy towards the taking over realm) has always been a long and difficult process, so I would say that how things are going in dantooine shouldn't be a surprise.

for example when Libero empire declared war on Morek (dwilight) they started a friendly takeover of a Morekian region on their border (bohai) which was worshipful to Morek and I guess with pretty high sympathy towards Libero as well. The morekian army had the time to come back from Fatexna to Donghaiwei, refit and then smash the Libero army in Bohai before their takeover was completed. I think the friendly takeover failed at least twice and then they decided to go for a hostile take over, in total the region resisted for something like 5/6 days and could have resisted even more perhaps.

With the old TO system in a situation like the one in dantooine I would have advised a hostile takeover. Is something like that still possible with the new TO system? Something in between super friendly and super brutal?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: January 26, 2012, 11:55:47 AM »
performing a fto on a region with a very high loyalty to the current owner (my very personal rule of thumb was if the loyalty is similar or more than the sympathy towards the taking over realm) has always been a long and difficult process, so I would say that how things are going in dantooine shouldn't be a surprise.

for example when Libero empire declared war on Morek (dwilight) they started a friendly takeover of a Morekian region on their border (bohai) which was worshipful to Morek and I guess with pretty high sympathy towards Libero as well. The morekian army had the time to come back from Fatexna to Donghaiwei, refit and then smash the Libero army in Bohai before their takeover was completed. I think the friendly takeover failed at least twice and then they decided to go for a hostile take over, in total the region resisted for something like 5/6 days and could have resisted even more perhaps.

With the old TO system in a situation like the one in dantooine I would have advised a hostile takeover. Is something like that still possible with the new TO system? Something in between super friendly and super brutal?

We could have done a fear TO sure. For RP reasons we went with a Love TO. There are only the two options now. However, the Fear TO would not have been that much faster from what we can see.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: January 26, 2012, 12:11:11 PM »
We could have done a fear TO sure. For RP reasons we went with a Love TO. There are only the two options now. However, the Fear TO would not have been that much faster from what we can see.

the lack of a middle way can be a bit limiting in my opinion. and I thought fear was supposed the quick way to take regions, with the drawback of having them in bad conditions afterwards, is that really not so? (I have yet to join a single TO with the new system)