Author Topic: Daily Region reports  (Read 1364 times)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Daily Region reports
« Topic Start: December 16, 2011, 10:37:50 AM »
Hi,

With the update going live on the test servers it seems that how daily region reports have been slightly changed. Before filling the forum with copy/paste and feedback screaming for bugs could a dev perhaps tell us how is it roughly intended to work?

As far as I can see now there are 3 different reports, the daily realm report which is available to all Lords and government members, the duchy daily report available to (I guess) the duke, and a new regional report sent to the lord and the knights of a specific region.

Am I correct in stating that some reports that were previously shown to the whole realm in the realm report have been now moved to the region report and thus available only to the knights and the lord of the region itself? From what I can see stats modifications and some messages (such as distance from the capital or drained manpower) remained in the realm-wide report, whereas population growth and peasants reaction to tax levels are now confined to the region report and thus hidden from the rest of the realm.

I do not want the devs to tell us everything but I believe it could help the players to give feedback if we have at least a vague idea of what is supposed to be where. I hope there was not another topic already on the matter if yes please delete this (and point me to the other one too :p)

cheers

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Daily Region reports
« Reply #1: December 16, 2011, 10:56:20 AM »
First of call, keep in mind that while we are moving stuff over, there are duplicate reports. The old stuff still reports in its old reports like it always did, only stuff moved to the new system reports in the new format.

The new system is basically a "need-to-know" system. Low-level details are only sent to the region. Only important stuff is included in the duchy and only really important stuff in the realm report. So basically, the higher-level reports contain less detail, but more regions.

Example: A high tax rate is reported only in the region report. A damaging high tax rate is reported in the duchy report, too. Only insane tax rates that may cause a region to rebel soon are included in the realm report.