Author Topic: High Tax Rates  (Read 3419 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
High Tax Rates
« Topic Start: December 20, 2011, 05:02:04 AM »
I've recently been testing the depth of my city's tax rate, but with Sasrhas being the capital it's very easy to raise the tax high up without any drawbacks. So far managed to get 21% tax rate and still at Core with near-perfect stats. Sasrhas gold production is 693, but with the high tax it's producing near-1000 gold per-tax. So I'm curious, what's the highest tax you've managed to hold without any drawbacks?
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: High Tax Rates
« Reply #1: December 20, 2011, 06:34:23 AM »
I've recently been testing the depth of my city's tax rate, but with Sasrhas being the capital it's very easy to raise the tax high up without any drawbacks. So far managed to get 21% tax rate and still at Core with near-perfect stats. Sasrhas gold production is 693, but with the high tax it's producing near-1000 gold per-tax. So I'm curious, what's the highest tax you've managed to hold without any drawbacks?

I ran 22% at near-perfect stats (with constant courts and diplo work) in Askileon.  Be very very careful, though.  If it slips, it'll crash quickly and you'll need to lower the tax rates a fair bit temporarily.

I've seen regions at 25% before.  Not sure how that was managed.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: December 20, 2011, 08:29:19 AM »
With many knights probably? and some good courtiers and police force.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 20, 2011, 09:34:26 AM »
With many knights probably? and some good courtiers and police force.

I have 4 knights. But I still manage to sweep 54% of the taxes.. too bad all of the gold is going to RCs!

Thanks for the tip Bedwyr, I'll make sure I don't have them as high when I invest in the city.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 20, 2011, 09:38:14 AM »
30% with about 15 knights under the old system. Only for a few weeks though. Then I got greedy and tried 31% (at which point you get the dark red "very high tax rate" warning) and everything fell to pieces. Never got to a stable 30% again but I still ran 29% stable for months.

Under the new system: 21% is all I can manage.

P.S.: That's with daily courts and police work (if necessary) of course.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 20, 2011, 02:02:30 PM »
30% with about 15 knights under the old system. Only for a few weeks though. Then I got greedy and tried 31% (at which point you get the dark red "very high tax rate" warning) and everything fell to pieces. Never got to a stable 30% again but I still ran 29% stable for months.

Under the new system: 21% is all I can manage.

P.S.: That's with daily courts and police work (if necessary) of course.

The picture Lorgan's painting was a terror to behold.  Thalmarkin was running at like 100%, uninterrupted, for a few months before the war.  You were just waiting for a looting or other minor event to blow the whole thing up.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 20, 2011, 06:31:49 PM »
The picture Lorgan's painting was a terror to behold.  Thalmarkin was running at like 100%, uninterrupted, for a few months before the war.  You were just waiting for a looting or other minor event to blow the whole thing up.

Says you!

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 20, 2011, 10:00:17 PM »
Thanks for the tip Bedwyr, I'll make sure I don't have them as high when I invest in the city.

No, you want the tax rate as high as you can manage for an investment.  It only seems to be a problem when stats drop at turn. not if they are dropped by, say, an investment lowering control a level.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"