Author Topic: "New" double jeopordy for infils disrupting travel  (Read 4429 times)

Jens Namtrah

"New" double jeopordy for infils disrupting travel
« Topic Start: December 21, 2011, 12:30:11 AM »
I'm sure it's not new, but when and why was this added? I successfully carry out the action, and then have to face another chance at arrest at the turn change?

Also interested in hearing the usual IG rationals for how I move sign posts, then twelve hours later get captured for it. Fingerprints? Random commoners running ahead to the border to inform the guards before I arrive?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
So you are getting captured for changing the sign post at TC, and not just being arrested as a enemy noble without a unit? That doesn't sound right at all.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Jens Namtrah

So you are getting captured for changing the sign post at TC, and not just being arrested as a enemy noble without a unit? That doesn't sound right at all.

I'm inside my own realm. I successfully changed the signposts, then at TC ended up in prison with:

"Caught on the road   (8 hours, 20 minutes ago)
While delaying the travels between Fissoa Fields and Fissoa you suddenly find yourself surrounded by soldiers. You try to escape, but they beat you, bag you and knock you out.
When you wake up again, you find yourself in an uncomfortably small room with a very solid door and no windows."

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
I don't know how long that's been around, but I've been seeing it for quite a while.  A year at least, if my memory isn't betraying me.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I don't know how long that's been around, but I've been seeing it for quite a while.  A year at least, if my memory isn't betraying me.

Interesting, I have been caught committing the act, but never caught at Turn Change for it.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
That has been in for a very long time. The Noble in question will receive an event that he notices / has been delayed by someone delaying travel on the roads and that his troops have managed to successfully lead the trail back to you or something along those lines. There are simply two chances to get captured, nothing wrong with that.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I'm fairly certain this has been that way for longer than I've been playing. Six years, at least?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Jens Namtrah

I'm fairly certain this has been that way for longer than I've been playing. Six years, at least?

No, absolutely wasn't this way last time I was playing

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I know that in the 06/07 time frame, infils were definitely captured at turn change by traveling nobles. When considering whether or not to ask an infil to delay travel, we generally assumed that they /would/ be captured, because of the number of nobles traveling that route, and every one of them seemed to have a chance to capture them. Between then and now, I really don't know if it changed a time or two.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I know that in the 06/07 time frame, infils were definitely captured at turn change by traveling nobles. When considering whether or not to ask an infil to delay travel, we generally assumed that they /would/ be captured, because of the number of nobles traveling that route, and every one of them seemed to have a chance to capture them. Between then and now, I really don't know if it changed a time or two.

How interesting. Playing with road signs in front of approaching armies was one of the favorite activities of Santiago. He was captured twice instantly doing this, but never on the turn change. He would have committed this action literally scores of times, just lucky I guess. I actually though it was one of the safer infiltrator actions.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I know that I captured one or two that way myself.

Jens Namtrah

If it was present back then, it was certainly disabled for a while. Aside from having played infils extensively in my first time in the game, I used to work on the code. My memory isn't perfect, but I don't recall ever seeing anything like this.

as De-legro says, this was always one of the "safer" actions for an infil.

egamma

If it was present back then, it was certainly disabled for a while. Aside from having played infils extensively in my first time in the game, I used to work on the code. My memory isn't perfect, but I don't recall ever seeing anything like this.

as De-legro says, this was always one of the "safer" actions for an infil.

I'm pretty sure the double jepoardy was in play in April 2009, when Gellin got some bans.