Author Topic: On archer range  (Read 13897 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: On archer range
« Reply #30: April 06, 2011, 01:22:02 AM »
Defensive infantry will move forward though, unless they have walls to hide behind. Pretty sure that defensive archers will not in most cases move in front of the walls in order to get better shots. MI still might, but we all know that MI are recruited from berserkers so there is no explaining their decisions.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #31: April 06, 2011, 03:07:57 AM »
I've gotten some mixed anecdotes about how encounter settings work. I've heard about as many claims that encounter settings (Evasive/Defensive/Normal/Aggressive/Murderous) only account for how the sides arrange in battle. That means, it determines whether your unit attacks the enemy, ally, neutral, or hides. Sometimes the encounter setting might confuse the unit into watching the battle with some popcorn in the oven.

Others claim that they factor during the actual battle, in that defensives will stay back and aggressives will run forward.

Unfortunately, battle reports don't tell us the encounter settings, or so I believe. It has been a while since I saw a battle report.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: April 06, 2011, 03:14:53 AM »
I've gotten some mixed anecdotes about how encounter settings work. I've heard about as many claims that encounter settings (Evasive/Defensive/Normal/Aggressive/Murderous) only account for how the sides arrange in battle. That means, it determines whether your unit attacks the enemy, ally, neutral, or hides. Sometimes the encounter setting might confuse the unit into watching the battle with some popcorn in the oven.

Others claim that they factor during the actual battle, in that defensives will stay back and aggressives will run forward.

Unfortunately, battle reports don't tell us the encounter settings, or so I believe. It has been a while since I saw a battle report.

Yeah you can't see the encounter settings in most cases. You do get messages about units acting evasively or murderous, not sure about aggressive.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: April 06, 2011, 03:40:42 AM »
normal/aggressive/defensive affects how long a unit will wait behind fortifications before they leave to charge the enemy. This includes impromptu fortifications when dug in. If no fortifications are involved, I think that infantry will act the same in all three settings. I'm not sure about archers.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: April 06, 2011, 02:27:50 PM »
One possibility I discussed with Tim one day was that if archers are on Defensive, they would never advance if they had a valid target to shoot at.

That would be nice.