Author Topic: Ideas for Roleplaying via the Forum  (Read 2818 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Ideas for Roleplaying via the Forum
« Topic Start: March 12, 2011, 05:26:14 AM »
Now, the main game is, and should remain, the primary source of roleplaying in the game, so I see the roleplaying section on the forum as more of an area where roleplaying that the game can't handle well should be done.  For instance, roleplays that may take more time than game-roleplays can be fit in to (for instance, everyone can only sit in a given region so long before someone has to leave), or roleplays between characters that can't meet for various reasons (if your old war buddy is on Dwilight, perhaps you can take a vacation to go visit him while your realm is at peace).

Toward that end, I think one of the easiest things to do would be to roleplay family reunions.  The nature of the character restrictions on the game means that it's pretty much impossible for families to meet and plot, but families should have options to be more cohesive than they are.  And...Let's face it, it would be hilarious to see all the gossiping ("Good gods, can you believe what that little trollop is wearing?  The Colonies are so backward!").

And, you could have associates of various kinds at that reunion.  For instance, Koli, puffed up with his own current importance, might ask a few of his close followers to come join him to show off how well he's doing.  Jenred would of course take his wife and children, and might invite various other Arcaeans.  Malcolm would invite his Queen for his own complicated reasons.

Other families might meet in secret, or have grand open parties.

So, I would suggest when making a reunion topic that you put whether it is Open (anyone can join), With Permission (you can ask and may be allowed in), Invitation-only (only those given invitations, don't ask), or Private (only me!!!!).  Obviously, you can't stop people from trying to gate-crash, but the various guards of your House will be more than sufficient to deal with them, and if someone is a pest, call upon the almighty powers of the mods (grins).
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Ideas for Roleplaying via the Forum
« Reply #1: March 13, 2011, 01:59:56 AM »
Or those paused characters, since they can't always be hibernating.

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
Re: Ideas for Roleplaying via the Forum
« Reply #2: March 13, 2011, 10:59:57 PM »
Sounds like a wonderful idea! Got a few characters who have been off screen for a while now, so to speak...
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.