Author Topic: Titles (Dukes and Duchies under new System)  (Read 1680 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Titles (Dukes and Duchies under new System)
« Topic Start: January 03, 2012, 10:22:49 PM »
Now, I know that Tom stated no feature requests right now, but this seems like a very very simply issue which could be quickly changed and I might even consider it a bug.

So the new estate system states that one can be a Duke of a duchy without being lord of a city. It just so happens that this occurred very recently in Pian en Luries (I don't know if we're the first to do it) but my character was recently made Duke of the Duchy of Askileon and proceeded to appoint another noble as the Lord of the city of Askileon after the previous Duke (holding both positions) left.

Now, my character has no title at all that indicates that he has this position of Duke, meanwhile the Lord of Askileon is proclamed "Duke of Askileon" still. I don't know if this is a bug or some such, but even if the "Duke of Askileon" title were kept for the Lord of the city, I believe a new title needs to be created  such as "Duke of the Duchy of Askileon" or something else that indicates my character's current unique position.

Every letter I write I have literally indicate my position to make sure everyone understands where my authority comes from first off. (Especially when sending very authoritative messages)

So, I don't know if this is a bug or simply the request for an update on the feature of titles but I understand if this is somewhat lower priority but I do think it needs a change as newcomers won't have any idea the difference especially if no title indicates it.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Titles (Dukes and Duchies under new System)
« Reply #1: January 03, 2012, 11:09:36 PM »
This is simply a bug - many places in the game still generate the titles from the old estate system. We are working on it, but we are working on a lot of code right now and can't finish it all at once.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: Titles (Dukes and Duchies under new System)
« Reply #2: January 03, 2012, 11:46:51 PM »
This is simply a bug - many places in the game still generate the titles from the old estate system. We are working on it, but we are working on a lot of code right now and can't finish it all at once.

Okay, I didn't know or was aware. I realize there is a lot of work going on so just wanted it to be sure it was known.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."