5 (11.4%)
Google Chrome
16 (36.4%)
Opera
3 (6.8%)
Other (Netscape, Camino, etc.)
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: What Browser Do You Use?  (Read 8639 times)

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: What Browser Do You Use?
« Reply #15: March 31, 2011, 06:59:03 AM »
Has anyone been on vacation or away temporarily and wanted to check just quickly check BM or to seriously play, but then get on the only available computer and find only IE is installed?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: March 31, 2011, 07:14:30 AM »
My work place only has IE. Until recently it only had IE6, it now has IE 7. You can tell the multi million dollar IT contract they have with a inter-national IT company is worth EVERY penny. I just carry around a USB memory stick with chrome portable now.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #17: March 31, 2011, 02:32:32 PM »
The iPod comes equipped with Safari. It works for quick access to BM.

Otherwise, Chrome for smoother access when performing mechanics-based actions. Firefox when doing more text-based interactions, as I do not like Chrome's default text selection settings and I am not inclined to change them.

Richard Leonecoeur

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 26, 2011, 04:07:53 PM »
When I was younger, I was relegated to AOL browser as I'm sure many others might have. :p

Of course, later went to IE as I was figuring things out. I tried Firefox, didn't like, honestly, especially when the tabs were much clunkier. So, I used Opera, but even that fell behind eventually and I ultimately went back to IE because the tabs felt better and actually split each tab to a seperate sub-process, before FireFox, as I recall. I didn't like FireFox for some time after a point... Then Chrome came out, and I've used that ever since.

The UI is a little Spartan, but that's alright. It runs well, loads websites efficiently, caches okay... But the efficient loading is what does it, lets me browse through a site a little faster.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #19: April 30, 2011, 07:37:47 PM »
The only thing I don't like about Chrome versus Firefox, at least for BM, is the strange way Chrome highlights text. It probably can be changed in some settings, but since I only use Chrome for BM anyway, I don't really see the point.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #20: April 30, 2011, 09:53:41 PM »
Used to be a big time FF user, but jumped ship to Chrome as soon as it came out. For me it's less bloated than FF has become.

This basically echoes my sentiments as well.  I used to love Firefox, but as time went on, it got slower and slower.  Then there was the literal slowdown if you kept it open for longer than IT wanted.

Google Chrome?  I've never had similar problems with it. 

Now, don't get me wrong.  I tend to use Thunderbird for e-mail now and I have the latest FF and IE installed...  Just so very rarely use them.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 24, 2011, 05:01:12 AM »
Firefox.

I use Chrome whenever I want to run lighter, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

psymann

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 17, 2011, 04:41:27 PM »
Has anyone been on vacation or away temporarily and wanted to check just quickly check BM or to seriously play, but then get on the only available computer and find only IE is installed?

Yes.  And with a dodgy dial-up connection, two weeks ago.

Took me about an hour to travel to one location and send one message because I had to zoom each page in to about 400% before the side panel stopped covering up the links for the travel and the links to send messages.  It was a painful experience.

---

I've used Opera ever since playing Tribal Wars, because it was at the time, and may still be, the only browser which gave enough customisation on short-cut key codes to allow me to send my attacking forces off in five waves of attacks in less than the desired 150milliseconds.  "The Opera Method" as it was known was the fastest and therefore best method for attacking other players, and the top players (not that I was one of those, mind!) all seemed to use it.

Once I got Opera for that, I started using it for other things.  I love the interface - everything is intuitively where I expect it to be, and they always seem to be a step ahead of firefox and chrome in improving it (most recent nifty addition being the ability to combine tabs at the top into groups and then collapse/expand a particular group, so for example I can have battlemaster game, forum and bugtracker all on one group, and hide it down to just one tab when not playing BM, then expand back to three tabs when playing again - I've not been able to do that with Chrome and haven't tried with Firefox as I stopped using it ages ago as I really hated the interface).