Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 169899 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Topic Start: January 07, 2012, 06:29:07 PM »
I will note that most people who like the Zuma thus far aren't playing in realms that actually have to deal with the Zuma, except only very sporadically, or through proxies. For those who actually have to deal with them, it's another story.

I voted I don't know anything about them lololol.

For anyone skeptical, the fact that I (well, Garret) exist should be an indication that it's possible to have a rewarding interaction(s) with the Zuma. I'm not a GM, I'm not part of the Development Team, I'm not in Tom's circle of friends. I'm pretty much some random dude who showed up and did stuff and stuff happened.

A lot of people, I think, happen to have their own little fantasies about how Dwilight should be. Nothing wrong with that, since ambitious humans tend to do that. I'm sure if we polled everyone who is or wants to be ruler on Dwilight you'll see just as many different responses of what their Dwilight would look like.

But people tend to forget to account for the Zuma in their fantasies. That's normal. We tend to filter out inconveniences. But that's also not what a capable ambitious human does. Those people can plan contingencies in case something doesn't work out, and they know how to deal with uncertainty. Obviously you want to do as few things blind as possible, but sometimes you have no choice and you must roll the dice. The more capable ambitious people have been the ones who planned well enough that the dice roll did not change much in the ultimate course of their plot.

Are you guys doing it? Gathering from the responses, those who are actually expressing their opinions on an uncertainty are not very capable people in terms of being ambitious characters. I reckon those who keep to themselves regarding the Zuma are going to be the ones who come out on top in the end.

You call it a fantasy, I call it trying to have an RPed plot. And, yes, I have accounted for the Zuma in things Hireshmont does. But the Zuma act without reference to anyone else's RP.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner