Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 170023 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Topic Start: January 07, 2012, 06:41:02 PM »
I will note that most people who like the Zuma thus far aren't playing in realms that actually have to deal with the Zuma, except only very sporadically, or through proxies. For those who actually have to deal with them, it's another story.

If I didn't have some strong reasons to be on the other side of the continent, I'd be happy to play near the Zuma.  Seems like the second-most-interesting part of Dwilight to me. (The first, of course, is Luria, but then I'm biased ;) )

You call it a fantasy, I call it trying to have an RPed plot. And, yes, I have accounted for the Zuma in things Hireshmont does. But the Zuma act without reference to anyone else's RP.

Um...so do other people.

I mean, seriously? You come in here, proclaim that you know all about what the Zuma are doing (and you hate it), and you're accusing them of acting without reference to your RP?

What unmitigated arrogance.

Did you ever stop to consider, Lyman, that maybe you're the one who's not acting with reference to their RP? They were there first, after all.

You have had so many opportunities to go to the Zuma and learn more about them firsthand, but no: you've got them pegged, and you know exactly what they're all about, and you don't want any part of it.

Heaven forbid you should actually consider what other people—regular players or GMs—have as their RP rather than deciding it for them.

(And to be honest, I'm really very surprised about this, because in general, you've always seemed to be pretty reasonable about that sort of thing. You never bitched OOC on the rare occasions when Delvin managed to spoil Hireshmont's plans. Is it really so hard to just think of them as another player—just one with different resources at their disposal?)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan