Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 170558 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #150: January 09, 2012, 04:36:36 PM »
I like where De-legro is going with this. I might add, perhaps the anger and frustration with the Zuma comes from alot of us hate being mobbed by a faceless horde, if the Zuma are fleshed out a bit and there is more to work with it can be understandable why a Zuma would be a certain way. I think perhaps its why I feel so strongly about the subject as of late, there really isn't anything out there and very few of us have actually dealt with the Zuma on a daily basis.

Describe, the Zuman people, what do they look like?

What do their abodes look like?

What do they wear etc etc , are their animals on Zuman lands

Do they have festivals or celebrations or is it like hell all day and they are just in fire and brimstone morning till night.

The Gm's have to dig deeper, bring us some meat and make us fall in love with the Zuman world, make it interesting. It doesn't take much for me to enjoy and be apart of a better imagined world.

This has all been on the Wiki for years.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: January 09, 2012, 04:37:29 PM »
Actually is Garret and a collection of Zuma nobles. The fact that one GM plays the Zuma nobles is OOC information now isn't it.

Actually it is Garret and a collection of daimons. There are no Zuma nobles, as we have been told a zillion times. "They don't think like us."
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: January 09, 2012, 04:38:04 PM »
Its the Zuma Daimons wives right?

Unless Haktoo is a lesbian, no.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #153: January 09, 2012, 04:39:53 PM »
My character recently visited the Zuma lands and discovered indeed that Garret knows surprisingly little about the Zuma. Fortunately, my character observed quite a bit on his own. It isn't much, but I believe it's more than most people know.

I think a good analogy to explain my character's viewpoint would be to say that human religions (such as Sanguis Astroism) are like the Nine Divines from the Elder Scrolls series -- and the daimons are like the Daedra.

And your character was pestered for several weeks to share information, and chose not to. Which just shows the same problem as we had in the Fourth Invasion: from the GM's perspective, the information is all out there, "lots" of people know. But from player perspectives, actually a very few people know (and more know because they are OOC friends or on IRC a lot, which is an entirely different issue).

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #154: January 09, 2012, 04:44:58 PM »
Actually about the Zuma...

On at least three separate group RP events I got characters to come to Nightmarch to check out the Zuma culture.

Did anybody come to all 3? Hireshmont went twice.

This was back in autumn of 2009. Basically during those times, the GM took a backseat and let me take the floor in presenting the Zuma natives, their buildings, architecture, what they look like (Yeah, I actually did tell a bunch of people. Glaumring: Your ambassador was among those people even. He got a souvenir from his trip too, an obsidian statue.)

And that was actually pretty interesting and enjoyable.

I further explained their general "caste" system, what their clothing more or less denoted in relation to that, their recreational activities. I also mentioned that they eat what normal people eat.

Again, was interesting, is not "lost RP." I remember it.

I don't remember every name, but I do know that Graeth, who was a priest of Verdis Elementum back then (Was it Graeth? It was some priest from Asylon whose name started with a G and got an obsidian statue), Dasha (A freeman who did a lot of service to the Zuma as someone who hunted monsters and undead for them), Coturnix (Business contact who also got to find out stuff about Zuma history and culture), and I guess a few more.

And one noble whose name begins with "Hi" and ends with "reshmont."

Ah, but here's the thing: The Zuma are people, like all the other humans on Dwilight. One of the points I was trying to hint at in doing my independent RP parties where the daimons were only referred to in passing and never in the course of those roleplays intervened, was that the Zuma were, in fact, human like you and me. And what your characters should have somewhat figured out from that was that such a fact was probably pretty significant.

Well known and widely spread knowledge now; Hireshmont and Garret explained this pretty thoroughly in several fora during the height of the crisis.

And usually, when humans see other humans that are managing relatively well in extraordinary circumstances, then regardless of what the humans look like or act, they are often seen as comrades and inspire hope. After all, if those humans have managed, why can't we?

For some reason, I don't think many people will ever see Garret as a comrade who inspires hope.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #155: January 09, 2012, 06:39:55 PM »
Not Garret. The REAL NPCs. Called the Zuma. You know, the humans who run around worshiping the daimons? Yeah, THEY are the ones...you know what. Forget it. I'm not even going to try with you anymore. Bye bye Mr. Vellos guy. Bye bye!!  :)

egamma

« Reply #156: January 09, 2012, 07:07:57 PM »
Not Garret. The REAL NPCs. Called the Zuma. You know, the humans who run around worshiping the daimons? Yeah, THEY are the ones...you know what. Forget it. I'm not even going to try with you anymore. Bye bye Mr. Vellos guy. Bye bye!!  :)

Yes, I'm wondering how the Manifest Path is going to react when they discover that there are plenty of humans uneaten by Daimons in the Zuma lands...

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #157: January 09, 2012, 07:14:31 PM »
I'm sure tMP will figure out a way to spin it to their propaganda's purposes.

After all, we all know that it's not the fact that matters, but how you report it.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158: January 09, 2012, 07:23:59 PM »
Yes, I'm wondering how the Manifest Path is going to react when they discover that there are plenty of humans uneaten by Daimons in the Zuma lands...

"We must liberate these subjugated humans from their daimonic oppressors."
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #159: January 09, 2012, 07:55:45 PM »
Amazing enough, IC Juan knows nothing of Gustav. He barely knows about Allison, what is your point. If Gustav doesn't wish to educate himself further about a realm that is just south of him, that is ENTIRELY his choice. Unless what you are trying to say is that part of Gustav's character is that he is incapable of learning or showing curiosity. In which case, well who really cares he is obviously a hopeless case even if we sent him off to learn about Zuma school.

Oh, sorry that Gustav has had other things to worry about (or was on the other side of the continent) until the past two weeks. How about we list them? He started off in Xinhai, well on the other side of the continent exactly opposite of where the Zuma sit. No reason to be interested in them. Then there was the war with the Libero and Raivan empires, yeah, a bit busy there, had not time nor reason to go off weeks at a time to study the Zuma, if he had even heard of them at this point. Then sometime later on was the Crusade, with a capital C, against Thulsoma, then Averoth. I'm sure there was tons of time for him to go off gallivanting around the Zuma lands then. Then he joined Astrum to help out in the war with Caerwyn and join Allison's colony. So he proceeded to go on and be Marshal of the army that took Golden Farrow and the rest of Caerwyn's lands for Kabrinskia. Then Kabrinskia was formed and he was put into the position of Ordermarshall (General) of the realm, running the army back and forth chasing off the various rogues and finishing up taking the regions that Kabrinskia claimed. Then he became Consul in Sanguis Astroism, and the Lord of Knyazes. He stepped down from Ordermarshall so he could focus on being Consul and Lord, but is still the Vice-Marshal of The Army of the Maddening Star. That's all that's happened up till about a week and a half ago. Tell me when during all this would Gustav suddenly get the urge to go off and study the Zuma? Especially when he has confidence that Allison, who is already visiting the Zuma, will inform him of what he needs to know?

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #160: January 09, 2012, 08:43:14 PM »

I was.... umm... I was agreeing with you and expanding on what you said. I mean, I disagreed on other points, but, on that one, I was actually agreeing.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #161: January 09, 2012, 08:52:05 PM »
Garret's best thought of as just a repository more or less. He's not Zuma. He's, when it comes down to it, still just like all the other humans.

Also, I did write up the wiki pages for all the Zuma regions (minus Kosht and Koshtlom). I did add what I could about general human culture in the areas.

It didn't look like anyone cared though because no one really bothered, at least to me, with the whole "The air is suffocating and you see shadows flickering just out of your vision"...Most just waltzed in, were like "Yo yo what up? Where da daimons?"

But even if none of that happened, I have yet to meet someone who described the area, like you know, how Grympen Mire is...a mire. Or how the Ruins of Walfurgisnacht has a crumbled tower. Or how Dragon Song has a huge temple structure.

A question would be: How reliable is the wiki, and how much of it is IC public knowledge?

To answer the latter: All those Zuma region pages are publicly available IC knowledge.

To the former: At least as far as the scope of my authority on editing the Zuma's wiki pages, yes, in fact, you can consider those pages reliable and bring the contents up in game. If there is anything seriously incorrect, the Zuma GM will intervene and correct it. If that is not the case, feel free to bring up anything and everything you find on the wiki in-game.

And looking at what I wrote, sure, they aren't exactly masterpieces. But neither do I think the information is really that lacking.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #162: January 09, 2012, 08:58:19 PM »

They've been told several different times in several different ways. They should already know. If they don't... I'd be very surprised.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #163: January 09, 2012, 10:08:16 PM »

Those are just free range humans being fattened up before the slaughter.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #164: January 10, 2012, 03:31:10 AM »
I've heard mixed things on this: is this actually true? I have heard people who might know say that Vates and Haktoo were the same GM, and I've heard they were different. I honestly don't know; but even haktoo was fine for quite a while.

Yes the reason there is confusion is at one time we had two Zuma GM's. One left so now we have only one. While we had two, there were some different "factions" within the Zuma. This still exists to some extent, but is no longer as pronounced. The Zuma now act the same as THOSE Zuma have always acted. Vates acted differently, Vates was never all there was to the Zuma though. Just like our own realms, the Zuma have disagreements, power struggles and the like, they aren't a hive mind.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.