Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 170720 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #195: January 13, 2012, 12:22:41 AM »
Ooh rats! Let you in on something: In Runescape I always cook rat meat and only eat rat meat, and only use rat meat for the meat pies.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #196: January 13, 2012, 12:23:26 AM »
>_>

some rodent phobia you have...

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #197: January 13, 2012, 12:33:51 AM »
Letter from Flavia Constantia O'Duibheannaigh   (14 days, 21 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (20 recipients)

Many things prompted me to do this, but first and foremost, is the Zuma; you will not know this but, I have been in talks with the Zuma Magnate Screamer in my lands of Twainwood, and he has relayed my pleas for the safety of our Republic in turn to the Potentate Haktoo, upon her Nightscree throne. I can tell you with great confidence that this invasion won't end with the handing over of the last unique weapons, Screamer made it clear that Barca was to appease the Zuma, and they failed, only managing to anger the Zuma further.

Screamer, in concordance with Haktoo, has declared that they want an end to this conflict, but cannot do so when they perceive so much "arrogance" and "disregard" from our current leaders, and so Screamer tasked me with enacting change in the Republic, so that we may have an end to bloodshed and war, and in stead, be reconciled. I have pleaded the case of our people and our republic, and they have listened, and Screamer halted the massacres occurring in Twainwood, if we are to survive, we must forge a new path in this world, and though our old government served us well in our years of colonial expansion, it is time for a new government to take form.

Flavia Constantia O'Duibheannaigh
Senator of Twainwood

Interesting, I was under the impression that Screamer couldn't actually speak the Human language based on some of the wiki articles.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #198: January 13, 2012, 12:35:32 AM »
Well, we could always RP that there was a Zuma translator there. (whether a minor Daimon or a human Zuma, I don't know.)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #199: January 13, 2012, 12:37:20 AM »
Well, we could always RP that there was a Zuma translator there. (whether a minor Daimon or a human Zuma, I don't know.)

I'm not entirely sure Screamer speaks any comprehensible language, but I have no evidence for that, it was just the impression I got.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #200: January 13, 2012, 01:00:08 AM »
Yes, I'm quite sure it's name is Screamer for a reason. Probably bawls out the minor daimons until they cry, and they don't even understand what Screamer was yelling at them.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #201: January 13, 2012, 01:15:03 AM »
Yes, I'm quite sure it's name is Screamer for a reason. Probably bawls out the minor daimons until they cry, and they don't even understand what Screamer was yelling at them.

There are several wiki references about the effects of Screamers voice. It can knock people unconscious, it can cause religious rapture among the Zuma. I believe she also uses it for torture.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #202: January 13, 2012, 02:20:16 AM »
>_>

some rodent phobia you have...

Garret will out and gently caressing eat your rats. And if tMP and SA declare their separate and/or united holy wars on the daimons, Garret will declare a holy war on rodents. Well, not really, since that would...actually be pretty SMA. I'm sure there have been holy wars over less defined enemies, and just because the enemy isn't human doesn't mean anything (Well, duh. Seeing as how there would be holy wars against the non-human daimons before holy wars against the non-human rodents.)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #203: January 13, 2012, 06:13:03 AM »
Screamer can speak human language.

Visit   (22 days, 15 hours ago)
While you rot in your cell, Screamer, visits you and says:

"You coming here is why you still live. We must have truth, human tell truth when we do this. You tell more if want. Who make you do forge letter? Whatever answer, once we know, you be free."

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #204: January 13, 2012, 10:23:05 AM »
"You coming here is why you still live. We must have truth, human tell truth when we do this. You tell more if want. Who make you do forge letter? Whatever answer, once we know, you be free."

The Zuma, they want to know the truth, but you may give them whatever answer you want. I would know who to blame for the forged letter.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #205: January 13, 2012, 12:05:42 PM »
Uh..It might not actually be Screamer who speaks but a Zuma among her entourage.

The way to tell this is to pay attention to the initial encounter. I'm not sure how it goes with Screamer since the only times Garret has experienced her presence was the couple of times she blasted soundwaves that knocked him out. But with someone like Haktoo, generally how it goes is that a Zuma approaches you and speaks to you.

And that just raises the question that should be considered, even when talking to a daimon "directly". Because you never know whether the one writing back is still another human, a Zuma, speaking for the daimon. And yes, Zuma humans do talk like that sometimes.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #206: January 13, 2012, 01:55:17 PM »
Well, the message specifically said Screamer visited Terrence in jail and spoke to him. Don't know how much more specific you can get.

Zuma GM

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #207: January 13, 2012, 02:30:27 PM »
Well, the message specifically said Screamer visited Terrence in jail and spoke to him. Don't know how much more specific you can get.

That single message posted was one of a number sent whilst Terrence was in the Zuma dungeons. The messages either side of the quoted one set the scene, making it clear what was happening and who was speaking. The message before the one quoted (sent 2 hours earlier) ended as a question, Terrence replied, and then the quoted message was sent. An hour later, after another response from Terrence, another message was sent which also included details about  the surroundings and who was interacting. In all others it was made quite clear that it was not Screamer doing the talking. Apologies if this one caused any confusion, that was certainly not the intention.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #208: January 13, 2012, 04:55:11 PM »

Also, the entire first line of text, 'Screamer comes and visits you in your cell and says:' is actually game generated text that *always* occurs when a judge communicates with a prisoner.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209: January 13, 2012, 05:02:22 PM »
Also, the entire first line of text, 'Screamer comes and visits you in your cell and says:' is actually game generated text that *always* occurs when a judge communicates with a prisoner.
Limitation of the system, unfortunately. You'll have to live with it for now. I think that Tim has noted this for a possible future change.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.