Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 170672 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #225: January 17, 2012, 06:14:43 AM »
No; the first message didn't say either "A zuma approaches you..." nor "Haktoo approaches..." It was just a simple answer to a query. I don't remember (though it's possible I'm forgetting) Haktoo sending any RPs while I was in Volcano Nightscree.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #226: January 28, 2012, 07:09:24 PM »
lol, so, the Zuma attacked Terran (finally?).

And then the message system broke, so we can't IC communicate.

YES!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #227: January 29, 2012, 02:24:26 AM »
lol, ironically if the messaging system broke sooner they wouldn't have attacked you.

(Hint: It's what Terran said/did)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #228: January 29, 2012, 02:55:56 AM »

No, really? That's amazing! You mean we might have somehow provoked the Zuma?

Gee, I'm shocked.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229: January 29, 2012, 03:49:46 AM »
That's why they call him Captain Obvious!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #230: January 29, 2012, 08:45:53 AM »

What exactly?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #231: January 29, 2012, 08:51:58 AM »

Also, I find it interesting that for as many freaking times as we've been told that the Daimons see themselves as so far superior to us, that we are like ants to the them, and that our efforts and relations with each other so insignifcant as to even warrant their attention, etc, etc.... the Daimon's sure are an extremely sensitive bunch to what we "ants" say.

The Zuma are like hyper self-conscience middle girls who decide to throw the biggest fit of "Oh, no you didn't... Imma make your life horrible, bitch" if you so much as hint that you don't like the shirt they wore on Wednesday.

I think it's pretty clear that the Daimons care A LOT about we humans say and think about them. Our thoughts, words and actions are pretty damn significant to them.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 08:55:42 AM by Perth »
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #232: January 29, 2012, 10:01:44 AM »
What exactly?

I can think of 3 things we've done that could set off a Zuma rage-loot just in the last 3 days.

Honestly, I'm not surprised by the most recent attacks. I'm just frustrated that I'm unable to speak to foreign allies during the incident. It's kind of making things a wee bit tricksy.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #233: January 29, 2012, 10:24:56 AM »
I am seriously considering getting rid of my character on Dwilight because of the Zuma. If I had wanted to fight against GM's I would have gotten a character on Beluaterra. I joined Terra because I wanted to help a small realm grow and expanded, not deal with unfair odds. For the past like yeah and a half(for me at least) I didn't care because they never did anything. Now it just like lets mess stuff up by destroying our neighbors with an unfair advantage when they might not have been even expecting it for the most mundane things.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #234: January 29, 2012, 11:57:39 AM »
That's why they call him Captain Obvious!

Due to my dedication to stating the obvious above and beyond the call of duty, I have recently been promoted to Rear Admiral Obvious, in command of the Royal Apparent Fleet, and will receive the Medal of A Piece of Metal when returning home.

But to be more specific, the thing that really set them off was when Hireshmont decided that he could convert Zuma and/or use Zuma imposters to call himself by some pompous name.

And about what the ants say...Well, I'm sure you'd also get out your ant spray if suddenly ants invaded your home, or if say, their cousins, the termites, started gnawing your wood. It's not as if you actually care about them exactly, it's more like they're becoming more annoying than they were before. So if they minded their own business (Which y'all are demonstrating an inability to do...Seriously, just stop messaging the daimons and stop going into their lands) those ants won't have to worry about being stepped on.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 12:00:19 PM by Artemesia »

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #235: January 29, 2012, 12:30:45 PM »
I'll try to give you guys something useful here because this topic always seems to draw its negativity and I might not always help the situation. So I'll attempt to explain what I am able to.

First off, it's true that anything and everything the daimons have done and (most likely) ever will do is dependent on what humans do to them. By analogy, you don't care about the lives of a bunch of flies, but if they buzz around in your face, you will swat them. Same with the daimons. They really don't care about humans, but if they do something annoying or threatening, they will nevertheless kill them. It has nothing to do with sensitivity. It has everything to do with indifferent destruction as a natural reaction.

Secondly, no one said you had to fight a GM faction. In fact, it was made pretty clear I believe that Dwilight is absolutely not an Invasionesque continent where you have to fight GM-controlled daimons. That doesn't mean you can't if you really decide you want to poke the sleeping lion. But again, that's a result of human decisions. There are actually a lot of other things you can do with the daimons, and I'm not just speaking on my own here. You can ask some other people who have managed "deals" with the daimons before.

To give a better idea of how it works, understand that dealing with the daimons will raise your blood pressure because you will get frustrated. Look, my blood pressure gets raised too because not only do I deal with daimons I have to take an earful from frustrated humans as well. But some people persist and get something. It's all about how much you want what you desire and how far you're willing to go to gain it. If a bunch of words you don't like can already put you off your ambitions, then I guess they weren't strong enough to warrant a deal with daimons in the first place. Yeah, the tone can often be condescending/whatever, but hey, it happens often, especially in real life.

And yes, I know that Asylon had its "treaty" broken. But that is just another example of humancentric thinking. I know as well that some people think the goal of the daimons is to create vassal states, and that is definitely not the case. They have their Zuma already, and that is pretty much good enough for them. Yes, there are goals for the current batch of humans, but Haktoo's not like Overlord, going around saying "Serve me or die".

On the other hand, I am still astounded at the pride of many humans. Is it really that hard to say "I'm sorry"?

I feel like I've stated the obvious again. But then the question is: If it's all so obvious, why do people so consistently fail in those regards...for three years now?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 12:38:38 PM by Artemesia »

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #236: January 29, 2012, 09:52:27 PM »
First off, it's true that anything and everything the daimons have done and (most likely) ever will do is dependent on what humans do to them. By analogy, you don't care about the lives of a bunch of flies, but if they buzz around in your face, you will swat them. Same with the daimons. They really don't care about humans, but if they do something annoying or threatening, they will nevertheless kill them. It has nothing to do with sensitivity. It has everything to do with indifferent destruction as a natural reaction.

Secondly, no one said you had to fight a GM faction.

Except it is other players doing stuff to the Zuma who fall for stuff like a forged letter, and then it is my army who gets unfairly raped. I never wanted to try to fight the Zuma yet they keep for what ever *dumb* reason attack. I put '*' around dumb because sure it may be bearable if they only attacked when a country announced publicly they want them destroyed, but instead it is over mundane stuff. When they have such ridiculous armies that is annoying. At this point for me it does feel like I have to fight the Zuma because if I don't another player will manipulate them into attacking me.

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #237: January 29, 2012, 09:59:39 PM »

The Zuma are like hyper self-conscience middle girls who decide to throw the biggest fit of "Oh, no you didn't... Imma make your life horrible, bitch" if you so much as hint that you don't like the shirt they wore on Wednesday.

So true.

I am seriously considering getting rid of my character on Dwilight because of the Zuma. If I had wanted to fight against GM's I would have gotten a character on Beluaterra.

I am seriously thinking the same thing. It's just not fun playing against the Daimons. They're unpredictable in the worst way, massively overpowered and THEY DONT ROLEPLAY (or they roleplay themselves as solitary isolated beings, except from when suddenly they're not and they wordlessly invade neighbors. "LOL I DONT SAY ANYTHING BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT MAKES ME MAD" <- sounds like my last girlfriend). Also doesn't help that their mouthpiece is IC/OOC one of the most annoying players I've come across

Look, I get it. Its there to add flavor, some people love them (although the above poll would be more valid if we could see how many people who like the Zuma are actually near them on the island).

HOWEVER, Dwilight was supposed to be a large, colonial-style SERIOUS MEDIEVAL ATMOSPHERE island.

I signed up thinking I would have a chance to play on an island that respected historical correctness to some degree and could thereby simulate warfare and politics in a medieval style world. And yet, we have a group of mystical beings who are smack dab in the middle of Dwi who are invading neighbors with Demon Armies.... I feel like Im taking crazy pills!!!! Whats SMA about this???

On Beluaterra it makes sense. Its what people signed up for. Theres intrigue and a GM driven story and they players know what they're getting themselves into.

All Im saying is, since its too late to remove the Zuma, let people know what they're getting into. Add a footnote to the Dwilight Intro:

Attention: Dwilight is the home to an extremely powerful Daimon faction who imposes upon the sovereignty of it's neighbors, demands complete obedience and is vague and cumbersome in terms of diplomacy.

Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Zuma GM

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #238: January 29, 2012, 10:22:12 PM »
and THEY DONT ROLEPLAY (or they roleplay themselves as solitary isolated beings, except from when suddenly they're not and they wordlessly invade neighbors. "LOL I DONT SAY ANYTHING BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT MAKES ME MAD"

Don't roleplay? Please don't come onto the forums and just lie to people. Unless I miss it, as I do have a lot of messages to go through every day, I interact with everyone that tries to interact with me.

Attention: Dwilight is the home to an extremely powerful Daimon faction who imposes upon the sovereignty of it's neighbors, demands complete obedience and is vague and cumbersome in terms of diplomacy.

That also is another lie. Perhaps other players spread propaganda within the game that states that the Zuma demand complete obedience, but that has certainly never been the case.

Please be clear when you come onto these forums exactly where you get your facts from or make it clear when it is just speculation based on your personal assumptions.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #239: January 29, 2012, 10:41:26 PM »
So true.

I am seriously thinking the same thing. It's just not fun playing against the Daimons. They're unpredictable in the worst way, massively overpowered and THEY DONT ROLEPLAY (or they roleplay themselves as solitary isolated beings, except from when suddenly they're not and they wordlessly invade neighbors. "LOL I DONT SAY ANYTHING BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT MAKES ME MAD" <- sounds like my last girlfriend). Also doesn't help that their mouthpiece is IC/OOC one of the most annoying players I've come across

Look, I get it. Its there to add flavor, some people love them (although the above poll would be more valid if we could see how many people who like the Zuma are actually near them on the island).

HOWEVER, Dwilight was supposed to be a large, colonial-style SERIOUS MEDIEVAL ATMOSPHERE island.

I signed up thinking I would have a chance to play on an island that respected historical correctness to some degree and could thereby simulate warfare and politics in a medieval style world. And yet, we have a group of mystical beings who are smack dab in the middle of Dwi who are invading neighbors with Demon Armies.... I feel like Im taking crazy pills!!!! Whats SMA about this???

On Beluaterra it makes sense. Its what people signed up for. Theres intrigue and a GM driven story and they players know what they're getting themselves into.

All Im saying is, since its too late to remove the Zuma, let people know what they're getting into. Add a footnote to the Dwilight Intro:

Or alternatively, you could read what SMA means in the context of BM, and accept that your expectations where unrealistic.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.