Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 170657 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #300: January 30, 2012, 09:36:20 PM »
The same place it's been going for the past 19 pages: nowhere.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #301: January 30, 2012, 09:54:01 PM »
20, Indirik.

Can we just bite our tongues and swallow our prides and do this in-game, in-character preferably, now? I'll be first to say that yes, I am often an abrasive person. Ok, sure, but I'm certainly not the only one, nor the worst, nor should I be the first any of you have encountered (If I am any of those, then I suppose I am envious of your sheltered life)

I admit that there are always flaws in everything, but that doesn't mean just the GM. While it seems as though I am only defending the daimons, I believe a more accurate term is I am attacking the complainers. I too, am in the dark in regards to the Zuma. I have no more incentive to be any more protective of them than any other among you in terms of what they do. I do not gain any perks for being part of the Zuma Coalition. I am not afraid to have Garret end up with his logical end. Don't try to insult me by telling me what will happen to my character. From the moment I was inducted into the realm I had a very clear idea about what would happen to him one day. So in the most polite way possible: Try not to make this about me. Much as some of you might think I'd love nothing more than this to be about me, unfortunately, for anything else, that might be true. For something like the Zuma, I'm not the one who is responsible for anything really. Sadly I cannot change anything, and whatever I say is coming in equal validity as any other outsider.

Now, point: Let's say that Vellos and the Zuma GM will never get along. Let's move on. Play the game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #302: January 30, 2012, 09:58:10 PM »
20, Indirik.
Aww crap... My post rolled the page count. :P

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #303: January 30, 2012, 10:06:17 PM »
Play the game... And remember , everything said here can and will be held against you ingame...  8) muhahahaha you are all doomed... Except De-Legro because he is the Zuma gm anyways.

Ok, im joking... Am I?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #304: January 30, 2012, 10:27:03 PM »
I would still like to debate how the reasons why the Zuma have attacked Terran have been absolutely awful.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #305: January 30, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »
o.O

Actually, I'm curious myself as to what constitutes a "good" reason for attacking another realm. From what I've seen in this game a lot of times the reasons given were invented or somewhat altered half truths that covered the true reason which often degenerated to: I want those regions/that realm destroyed.

At least from what I've seen of the Zuma (And remember, I'm in the dark like you all) their actions are pretty clear. You do, they react. Most of the time, the reaction is not nice. Because daimons aren't nice.

That schoolyard bully wasn't nice either. He'd beat you up for your lunch money even if you tried giving it to him. And if YOU were that bully, then you'd know even better.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #306: January 30, 2012, 10:34:57 PM »
For those of us not involved in the incident and thus not having firsthand knowledge of it, maybe you can tell us why you think you were attacked? All I have seen you post is that you think the reasons are lame, but not really explaining what you think those reasons are. (To be fair, I may have missed a post where you did explain it. It's a long thread...)

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #307: January 30, 2012, 10:39:18 PM »
Here are some good reasons:

Attacking a realm to take their land. Attacking a realm because they are clearly planning for your realm's destruction. They are letting their infiltrators sabotage your realm.

Here is a bad one:

Getting fooled by a forged letter when it could have been easily verified to have been fake.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #308: January 30, 2012, 10:46:35 PM »
Getting fooled by a forged letter when it could have been easily verified to have been fake.

You're not very good at correctly defining the issue.

The reason for that war was not "getting fooled by a forged letter". It was "believing someone had called the Zuma horrible names."

And as for the verification...how long did you lot spend trying to track down Terrence, when it was clearly stated from the outset that you just needed to torture someone who was in the 'moot till you saw the original letter, then provide that torture report?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #309: January 30, 2012, 10:50:49 PM »
There was a bug preventing Terrence from getting my letters, once it was fixed it was all good.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #310: January 30, 2012, 10:52:04 PM »
The reason for that war was not "getting fooled by a forged letter". It was "believing someone had called the Zuma horrible names."

Yeah and when what they believe is a lie, that is getting fooled.

40 so members of the moot saying it is forged should be good enough. Not to mention Garret who is ambassador for the Zuma was in the moot and could see the real letter. The Zuma also attacked first before inquiring about that stuff. So either way about the verification part about it we got attacked over it.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #311: January 30, 2012, 10:54:14 PM »
You're not very good at correctly defining the issue.

And as for the verification...how long did you lot spend trying to track down Terrence, when it was clearly stated from the outset that you just needed to torture someone who was in the 'moot till you saw the original letter, then provide that torture report?

Or try to convince the Zuma that there are ways other then torture to ensure humans tell the truth?

Play the game... And remember , everything said here can and will be held against you ingame...  8) muhahahaha you are all doomed... Except De-Legro because he is the Zuma gm anyways.

Ok, im joking... Am I?

Yeah you got me. The fact I've only been playing the game from late 2008 not withstanding. I'm so awesome I was the Zuma GM before I even knew the game existed.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #312: January 30, 2012, 10:57:36 PM »
Yeah and when what they believe is a lie, that is getting fooled.

40 so members of the moot saying it is forged should be good enough. Not to mention Garret who is ambassador for the Zuma was in the moot and could see the real letter. The Zuma also attacked first before inquiring about that stuff. So either way about the verification part about it we got attacked over it.

Why, what could the Moot offer to prove it? Oh yeah a copy and paste of the message, the same thing that Terrance supposedly offered. Lots of people offering it doesn't mean its not a cover up does it, just means they might be organised. And Garret? Make up your minds, in one breath you argue the Zuma should not trust him, in the next that the Zuma should believe him. It is GARRET we are talking about. The Zuma may find him useful, but they are likely to trust him about as much as any noble trusts him.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #313: January 30, 2012, 11:06:28 PM »
Confessions from a bunch of members from the moot should override the one dude with the forged letter. At least to prevent them from attacking right away. My opinion of what garret's role should be is just a straight up ambassador that relays messaged between other players and those in charge of the Zuma. He is the ambassador and if players can't use him to tell the Zuma stuff then the Zuma is even more flawed.

The way the Zuma attacked Terran over that forged letter was way to trigger happy especially coming from GM's.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #314: January 30, 2012, 11:11:25 PM »

That is not how the Zuma were originally set up. They were originally set up with just one GM, me. The other one joined a while later, after a lot of OOC discussion in the game and my request to then have them officially involved.

huh? you played the zuma gm who kept talking about fatmilaks and bols (with my character)? and then got nowhere and disappeared for a while (dropped out of the game?)
firefox