Poll

Do you enjoy having the Zuma/Daimons on Dwilight?

Yes, I love them.
No, I hate them.
I'm not sure.
I don't know anything about them.

Author Topic: Zuma/Daimons  (Read 170689 times)

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Zuma/Daimons
« Reply #420: February 01, 2012, 12:39:14 AM »
The west realms give their surplus food to the Zuma because that's the only other option to engage them diplomatically. We can't initiate diplomacy in the military sense because the Zuma was superior in that regard. So no, 'stop giving Zuma food' will not fly because that's the only viable bargaining chip the west realms have.

We can't or don't want to ignore the Zuma. Even if we decide to abandon the west realms and live in Darfix, I think the Zuma GM would still find a way to engage player realms...because then, what would be the point of the Zuma? If they exist just to deter playing in the west, then why not just shut down the entire area? It would be a far simpler solution that would cause less drama and headaches. As such, we have to deal with the Zuma.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #421: February 01, 2012, 12:41:01 AM »
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #422: February 01, 2012, 12:41:42 AM »
I think some of us are forgetting that the Zuma GM has most likely, in fact, been sitting around alone in the west back when none of us even got close to settling that area.

Why is this important? Because, seeing as how he's done it for such a long time already, and didn't just leave because there was "no reason" for their existence, not initiating contact (You guys realize human characters were the ones to bring to attention to the world that the daimons were around when they were probably always there, right?) So if you go leave them, then it'll be like in the early days when no one even knew there were daimons. It's ridiculous to believe the GM will go pursue realms far away, when for a fairly long time, he has been patiently sitting around in one place not doing anything (that we would know of)

For a more concrete example: Do you guys know about Bowie Ironsides? Yeah, he has a death mark on him by the daimons such that if he sets foot in the west (that they find out about) then things will go bad. But right now? He is enjoying life as a lord in Morek Empire.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:46:27 AM by Artemesia »

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #423: February 01, 2012, 12:46:00 AM »
The west realms give their surplus food to the Zuma because that's the only other option to engage them diplomatically. We can't initiate diplomacy in the military sense because the Zuma was superior in that regard. So no, 'stop giving Zuma food' will not fly because that's the only viable bargaining chip the west realms have.

We can't or don't want to ignore the Zuma. Even if we decide to abandon the west realms and live in Darfix, I think the Zuma GM would still find a way to engage player realms...because then, what would be the point of the Zuma? If they exist just to deter playing in the west, then why not just shut down the entire area? It would be a far simpler solution that would cause less drama and headaches. As such, we have to deal with the Zuma.

You know that the whole food thing is kind of recent right? For years the Zuma GM barely engaged player realms, because his role appears to be passive. He does not seek out engagements, he lets players come to him. For YEARS people wondered what the point of the Zuma was since they seemed to do absolutely nothing.

So here is the story, the Zuma started offering huge sums of gold for food. My IC sources indicate this was due to someone approaching them to sell them food, but its still rumours about this. Once they started buying, people saw a way to make A LOT of gold. Food that previously went to D'Hara suddenly had a better market with the Zuma.

Now the Zuma are used to that excess food. Probably they have changed thier culture to even NEED that food to continue the new standard of living. Just cutting off that supply is going to be hard. Probably something people should have thought about before chasing the big pay offs.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #424: February 01, 2012, 01:29:20 AM »
I generally do.

Yeah and what realm do you come from anyways ?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #425: February 01, 2012, 01:44:48 AM »
Yeah and what realm do you come from anyways ?

Currently, Solaria. Before that PeL, Rivan Empire, Caerwyn, D'Hara, Astrum, D'Hara, Shadovar.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #426: February 01, 2012, 02:09:14 AM »
Currently, Solaria. Before that PeL, Rivan Empire, Caerwyn, D'Hara, Astrum, D'Hara, Shadovar.

No wonder my character is having to fight yours...no loyalty. jk.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #427: February 01, 2012, 02:23:16 AM »
No wonder my character is having to fight yours...no loyalty. jk.

heh, up until PeL all those moves was so that my character could serve the Dragon Queen. I hear she is currently in Morek, maybe I should look her up.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #428: February 01, 2012, 02:27:42 AM »

I served in shadovar and the ravian fiasco for a few weeks before they fell apart and then went on to being awesome since then.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #429: February 01, 2012, 02:32:48 AM »

I served in shadovar and the ravian fiasco for a few weeks before they fell apart and then went on to being awesome since then.

Don't forget your time in Virovene

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #430: February 01, 2012, 02:33:53 AM »
heh, up until PeL all those moves was so that my character could serve the Dragon Queen. I hear she is currently in Morek, maybe I should look her up.

Not a bad idea, just remember to give back the Poryatown duchy first to its proper Duke. You can take the other 16 with you as well.

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431: February 01, 2012, 02:42:18 AM »
Not a bad idea, just remember to give back the Poryatown duchy first to its proper Duke.
Poryatown... Poryatown... Doesn't Bowie claim that? I forget... ::)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #432: February 01, 2012, 02:46:17 AM »
Poryatown... Poryatown... Doesn't Bowie claim that? I forget... ::)

Reasonably sure the Dragon Queen claims it as well.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #433: February 01, 2012, 03:50:09 AM »
Don't forget your time in Virovene

Oh !@#$ it was Virovene, not the Ravian empire... Im drunk

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #434: February 01, 2012, 03:56:00 AM »
Reasonably sure the Dragon Queen claims it as well.

I think Alanna's claim on the throne of of Pian en Luries is less tenuous than that.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan