Author Topic: Do unique items effect anything besides prestige?  (Read 3210 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Like does armor make you less likely to be wounded? Do unique weapons improve CS of your unit? Or is it just to show off?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
There is no intrinsic benefit based on item type. They can however offer bonuses to your skills, and will mention this along with the prestige bonus when that is the case.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
For instance: They can provide bonuses to swordfighting, spellcasting, infiltration, etc...

"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
When facing daimon opponents, your troops will quickly lose morale and retreat. Unique items on your side help reduce that "morale damage". If you have enough of them, then you will not suffer the morale loss at all.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
When facing daimon opponents, your troops will quickly lose morale and retreat. Unique items on your side help reduce that "morale damage". If you have enough of them, then you will not suffer the morale loss at all.

As far as I am aware, this is only true for Beluaterra. (Not Dwilight, or other islands).
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I've only ever fought daimons on BT. Maybe we could ask Terran or Barca if it works on Dwilight, too. :P

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
I've only ever fought daimons on BT. Maybe we could ask Terran or Barca if it works on Dwilight, too. :P

I suspect only Terran might know. In the brief Barcan running and hiding war with Zuma, unfortunately the characters that ran into them didn't have any items.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
At the beginning of any battle with the daimons, you get a little note that tells you the status your side's unique items. If you don't have any, it will tell you that, too.

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
You get morale penalty when facing daimons withou unique items? I did see that mesage.