Author Topic: So TMP is gone. Are you enjoying all the new wars?  (Read 58107 times)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
It's very hard to make buffer states with the old estates system given noble constraints.

Under new estates, buffer states are far easier to set up, because the losses from dispersing the nobility are much "softer."

Yes that's the point, and anyway that was not only restricted to sirion. with new estates founding new realms is much easier.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Oh, hey guys. The Colonies is currently in TOTAL WAR. Job done, yeah?

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

Oh man, I might go install Medieval II again just to hear the monk eulogising about an era of TOTAL WAR at the start. It feels apt >.<

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Storm clouds gather over the Colonies!

egamma

Colonies have never been at peace, at least since I joined in 2007. Now, the wars take a long, LONG time to end...

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
If you want wars... Kill King Dobro of Caligus and become ruler of Caligus and come up with some excuse for starting a war something like: "i wunt Ibladesh City undur da banur ov caligus!!!"
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Whether you like Caligus or not, and whether you like Dobby or not, you have to give credit where credit is due. Dobby/Caligus has been one of the few who are not scared of taking a chance and declaring a war. Almost all the big wars of late have been started/provoked by Caligus.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Whether you like Caligus or not, and whether you like Dobby or not, you have to give credit where credit is due. Dobby/Caligus has been one of the few who are not scared of taking a chance and declaring a war. Almost all the big wars of late have been started/provoked by Caligus.

Yes, Dobby is like Jenred was, they actually work to keep the island interesting, even if it is a risk for their realm.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Lukon, Oritolon vs Giblot/Minas Thalion
Outer Tilog vs Giblot

Almost all realms at war. Oh, yeah!  :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

egamma

Lukon, Oritolon vs Giblot/Minas Thalion
Outer Tilog vs Giblot

Almost all realms at war. Oh, yeah!  :P

Assassins are at war with Giblot, they took Koolaris from them and helped drive their northern regions rogue.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Assassins are at war with Giblot, they took Koolaris from them and helped drive their northern regions rogue.
Assassins known for their treachery and gold-driven. They will side with the winning side as usual 8)

Hmm, Giblot and Minas Thalion dying. Time to secede a few cities!  ;D
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Blint

• Knight
    • View Profile
War is an essential part of Battlemaster, it's what makes the game fun. No one should sit on their computer and think "gee I hope there is nothing exciting happening in my realm today!" I relish the chance to take part in the conflicts of the realms I belong to. War makes the game fun, it adds that risk factor that gives you an adrenaline rush when you read battle reports (or at least as much of an adrenaline rush as you  can get from a text based RPG...).

I agree with the first post that If GDoF had aided Madina sooner than Madina might have lasted a wee bit longer but Aurvandil has the strongest military on the continent and was able to raise that in a matter of a month or two. Madina stood no chance, even with the aide of GDoF they were only prolonging the inevitable..

But my original point remains the same,  war makes the game fun, war is essential to the game. Players should not be afraid to lose what they have, otherwise they don't deserve it. So what if they "worked so very hard" to obtain a position or what have you. Half the fun is working to gain something and the other half is fighting to defend it. In mid-evil times if a noble was raised to a lordship and then it was threatened he would call his banner-men and fight to defend what he had earned. Why should Battlelmaster be any different.
A good chess player plays 3 moves ahead, A great chess player plays 1 move ahead, but it's always the right move.

La Blakeshadow

• Freeman
  • Your useless info is My RP gold.
    • View Profile
Personally I've been trying to move a few big realms into war.
Though The RP's breed from the boring peace in EC keeps it interesting for me.
though I can only speak for Sirion.

And I would LOVE to start a war  ;D
Sick of fighting monsters and undead?
hunt sages,wizards, and priests.
Each talk crazy and are fun to chase.

Blint

• Knight
    • View Profile
Personally I've been trying to move a few big realms into war.
Though The RP's breed from the boring peace in EC keeps it interesting for me.
though I can only speak for Sirion.

And I would LOVE to start a war  ;D

As would I, but I find it works best when you have a legitimate in game reason for doing so. Just for the fun of it doesn't really work to most people... sad as it is...
A good chess player plays 3 moves ahead, A great chess player plays 1 move ahead, but it's always the right move.

La Blakeshadow

• Freeman
  • Your useless info is My RP gold.
    • View Profile
As would I, but I find it works best when you have a legitimate in game reason for doing so. Just for the fun of it doesn't really work to most people... sad as it is...

Well yea, The RP with out-side realms can spark something that could force battles and hurt feelings, all IC.
It just takes time in doing so.
And is alot of grind for just a small number of battles that end up in a cease-fire and then peace because the SENATE formed a treaty and thinks peace is the best thing.
I'm pro encouraging war on EC, we need a IC reason for making the rascal peace-breeder characters start fighting.

Something with magic or three new red moons or something.
Or someone could get assassinated... always an option.
Sick of fighting monsters and undead?
hunt sages,wizards, and priests.
Each talk crazy and are fun to chase.