Author Topic: At least pretend to be noble  (Read 3332 times)

squirrel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
At least pretend to be noble
« Topic Start: January 09, 2012, 07:43:01 PM »
I just had an 18-year-old knight tell a member of the realm council to go practice fellatio on himself. Not only is my character tired of crap like this from punk knights of no standing, as a player I'm pretty tired of other players who can't grasp the need to at least acknowledge the hierarchy.

Come on, people. You're not playing WoW. Try a little bit harder.
Never approach a vast undertaking with a half-vast plan.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: At least pretend to be noble
« Reply #1: January 09, 2012, 08:03:15 PM »
That sounds like cause for a gentle OOC note reminding them of their place in the realm.

Then, if they respond with a similar level of attitude OOC, you can report them to Titans/Magistrates, so that they might actually start to get the picture.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: January 09, 2012, 11:34:46 PM »
This is what the vulgarity thing is for.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 10, 2012, 12:13:16 AM »
I fail to see why this needs to be taken to OOC channels. Just ban the little turd, hunt him down and give him the ax.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: January 10, 2012, 12:16:02 AM »
I fail to see why this needs to be taken to OOC channels. Just ban the little turd, hunt him down and give him the ax.

or that :)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 10, 2012, 01:47:58 AM »
Until those players who know better, and who hold positions of power start actually ACTING to stop this, it will continue. What I am tired of is Judges that send me a OOC reply when I ask for such disrespect to be punished, stating that they can't risk offending the player because we need every noble. That leaves me seeking a Titan or Magistrate response for something that could have been handled by the realm.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 10, 2012, 06:58:07 AM »

Jenred has a fairly simple rule: Annoy him sufficiently, and get stabbed.  Continue, get stabbed more.  Some people learn, some people don't.  Those ones get banned.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: January 10, 2012, 09:44:56 AM »
Jenred has a fairly simple rule: Annoy him sufficiently, and get stabbed.  Continue, get stabbed more.  Some people learn, some people don't.  Those ones get banned.

Jenred seems to be running out of nobles skilled at stabbing though.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 10, 2012, 02:25:29 PM »
He'll just have to find more. There are a LOT of people that deserve a stabbity death.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #9: January 12, 2012, 08:32:58 AM »
*cough*Sundar*cough*