Author Topic: Using the "saved messages" feature  (Read 4203 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Using the "saved messages" feature
« Topic Start: March 12, 2011, 09:55:53 PM »
As a note, there is a new feature as explained on the news sticker, "saved messages" currently available as the little scribe image at the bottom left of each message.

A good use of the feature is to click it for every message you want to deal with later, usually requests or letters you want to respond to later, the most common being requests for gold that you want to hand out at tax day.

Thus if you save those requests, then come tax day you can simple click "all saved" at the top or "all saved messages" in the messages page to access these requests, and after you fulfill each you can click on the icon again to remove the message from the "saved" category.

Have fun! :)

P.S.  If you think this belongs in the development forum, feel free to move it there.  I was a little torn on where it should go as I would also like to know how others are using this. :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 09:57:44 PM by Foundation »
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Using the "saved messages" feature
« Reply #1: March 12, 2011, 10:06:09 PM »
I've been meaning to start a topic on this. Let me say this is one my favorite developments in the game lately, very much needed and very, very useful! Thanks a lot!

I mostly use it for those times when I'm doing a quick check, want to respond thoughtfully or lengthily (or just at all) to a message, but don't have time at that moment to do so.

Awesome feature!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 12, 2011, 10:52:09 PM »
I've not had a reason to use it yet but I love the fact that we have it in there! I know I'll get quite a bit of use out of it at some point and would have loved it at certain times in the past.

Igelfeld

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 13, 2011, 04:18:03 AM »
It is also a good way to keep track of RP's that apply to your character. I don't know about you guys, but often have a bit of trouble keeping all the facts strait sometimes, so referring back is quite useful. One question I have along this line is how long are the messages saved for?
Moritz Von Igelfeld - King of Asylon
Moria Von Igelfeld - Viscountess of Lanston
Ulrich Von Igelfeld - Knight of Remton, Dark Isle Colonist

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 13, 2011, 04:52:42 AM »
It is also a good way to keep track of RP's that apply to your character. I don't know about you guys, but often have a bit of trouble keeping all the facts strait sometimes, so referring back is quite useful. One question I have along this line is how long are the messages saved for?

Indeed, that is a great idea as well!

And I believe it's for 30 days like all messages are.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #5: March 13, 2011, 11:53:32 AM »
Indeed, that is a great idea as well!

And I believe it's for 30 days like all messages are.

Perth is entirely correct.  Messages will still disappear after 30 days, and I'm glad that you guys like it! :D
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.