Author Topic: Warehouse Updates  (Read 10726 times)

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Warehouse Updates
« Topic Start: January 12, 2012, 01:57:03 PM »
The new warehouse/caravan code looks pretty nice on the front end and seems like it will be fairly useful. Problem is, the update also appears to have wiped out all stored food in the regions. I went from having over 300 bushels to having 9 overnight. Is this intended/known or should I take it to the bugtracker? I'm currently hosting a gathering army and everyone's going to start starving in 3 days.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Warehouse Updates
« Reply #1: January 12, 2012, 02:44:15 PM »
Certainly not intended, known, or in any way expected.

Please provide any and all relevant information, so we can track this down ASAP.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 12, 2012, 02:46:24 PM »
Is the food *gone*, or does the warehouse page just no longer display it? You should be able to check from the caravan page.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #3: January 12, 2012, 03:03:47 PM »
The new warehouse/caravan code looks pretty nice on the front end and seems like it will be fairly useful. Problem is, the update also appears to have wiped out all stored food in the regions. I went from having over 300 bushels to having 9 overnight. Is this intended/known or should I take it to the bugtracker? I'm currently hosting a gathering army and everyone's going to start starving in 3 days.

What island?

All regions, or just yours?

Did you have an order to send food out?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 12, 2012, 05:09:00 PM »
bt, avengmil .. .seems to be working fine... "Stored Now:   107"

that said.. i'm not sure some of the numbers are correct...

for example...
Stored Now:   107   At Harvest:   197

why 197? it certainly wasn't 197 at the last harvest. and won't be 197 at the next harvest

now.. there is a number of 90 in that table... but that entire row seems dodgy to me. to start, the "production till next harvest" shouldn't be there or should be 0... because you aren't producing food everyday and storing it..

the consumption till harvest is correct... so, in my case, the surplus/deficit till next harvest should really be +12 (like it says at the bottom of the page)

---
given there'll only be a surplus of 12 at harvest, with a production of 259, store after harvest should be 271 and not 456 (see... all the subsequent numbers are calculated from that "extra" production...)

--

so yeah... i think all you need to do to fix the lot is to stick a permanent big fat 0 in the "production until harvest" entry. (i assume caravans bringing food will be added on in smaller text in the production column, just like soldiers consuming extra food in the consumption column?)

-----

interestingly, there's a link to build more warehouses... does that mean i don't have to be in the region to build more warehouses? useful. (ps.. don't have the gold on hand when i clicked the link.. and it says i don't have the gold, as opposed to not being in the region.. or both)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:36:21 PM by fodder »
firefox

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 13, 2012, 08:45:03 PM »
World: Dwilight
Region: Itaufield

Code: [Select]
Produced Consumed Surplus/Deficit
Per Day:       9             10
      +2 for 368 troops -3
Per Harvest:       63    70
      +14 for 368 troops    -21
Till Next Harvest:
(0 days)       0             0
      +0 for 368 troops    0

Stored Now: 0 At Harvest: 0
Caravans This Harvest: 0 Carrying: 0
Production This Harvest: 63
Adjusted Store After Harvest: 63

That's what I'm currently seeing. Prior to the update, on the old warehouse screen, I had ~300-350 bushels and sent 100 of that to Via (oddly enough, has not arrived in 2-3 days and last I checked it was saying it would take another 4 days). So I should have had at least 200 bushels, if not more.

It looks like the current amount stored in the warehouses just got wiped and the code started fresh from 0.

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 13, 2012, 08:47:38 PM »
Daily Statistics

Under current conditions, your region will produce 9 bushels of food per day.

Your peasants will eat 10 bushels of food per day.

There are currently 368 soldiers here, who will eat a total of 2 bushels each day they remain.

Thus, under current conditions, you have a 3-bushel-per-day deficit.

With the current storage of 0 bushels, your people are starving.
This Harvest

Based on the production and consumption per day, your region will produce 63 and consume 70 bushels each harvest period, giving you a 21-bushel deficit each harvest.

In order to reach the next harvest, your people will need 0 bushels of food. Given the current storage of 0, this means that you will have a surplus of 0 bushels.

Send a Caravan to Sell Food
There are 0 bushels in the warehouse.

Code: [Select]
Mission Status Destination Current Location Estimated Arrival
sell (limit 1 gold) outward journey, carrying 100 bushels food Via Via 4 days

I think that's everything you were asking for.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: January 14, 2012, 09:07:11 AM »
did a merchant buy/blackmarket the stuff? or are you that unlucky to be the only region that's got food missing?
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #8: January 14, 2012, 11:36:24 AM »
I've heard a few people complain about the complexity of it all.

Maybe we could offer a simplified default page and put the full details (that some other people like to have, so we need to serve both sides) into a collapsable part (jquery hide, not a new page).

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 14, 2012, 01:34:30 PM »
it's not all that complex to be dead honest... just some wrong numbers (as mentioned above)

what might be useful for those who don't want to see the stuff is to move the text stuff at the bottom to the top. that is a good summary from what i can see.

for example....
This Harvest

Based on the production and consumption per day, your region will produce 259 and consume 126 bushels each harvest period, giving you a 126-bushel surplus each harvest.

In order to reach the next harvest, your people will need 57 bushels of food. Given the current storage of 69, this means that you will have a surplus of 12 bushels.

the 2nd line has everything a lord would need to know re: how much food they need to buy or has spare to sell.

don't even need to hide anything.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:37:25 PM by fodder »
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #10: January 14, 2012, 02:02:29 PM »
the 2nd line has everything a lord would need to know re: how much food they need to buy or has spare to sell.

That's what I mean.

I want to have the game simpler and more approachable again. The complexity can be there for those who care, but most don't.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: January 14, 2012, 04:41:48 PM »
it's not all that complex to be dead honest... just some wrong numbers (as mentioned above)

what might be useful for those who don't want to see the stuff is to move the text stuff at the bottom to the top. that is a good summary from what i can see.

I dunno...I'd really rather make it a preference than do that.  Part of the purpose of the way it's currently organized is so that someone who does understand how it works can just go to the page, glance through the table, and see everything he could want to know.

Furthermore, it's not totally finished: I intend, as I have time, to go through and continue the long-form text explanations for all the other numbers in the table.

I really, really do not want people who know perfectly well what all the stuff means to have to scroll down to the very bottom just to see the quick-glance table. That defeats the purpose of having the table at all.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #12: January 14, 2012, 11:09:29 PM »
I told one of my region lords that he doesn't have enough food to last until harvest. According to the banker's table, it's easy to read--just look at the surplus/shortage column.

But here's what a region lord thinks/sees when he reads his region report:
Dear Fiduciary,

My Region reports would indicate otherwise, although I am admittedly not as learned in these matters as perhaps I aught:
~~~~~~~~
Daily Statistics
Under current conditions, your region will produce 18 bushels of food per day.
Your peasants will eat 22 bushels of food per day.
There are currently 68 soldiers here, who will eat a total of 1 bushel each day they remain.
Thus, under current conditions, you have a 5-bushel-per-day deficit.
With the current storage of 61 bushels, you have at most 12 days until your people start to go hungry.
~~~~~~~
That final line is incorrect. It should be 61 divided by 22, not 61 divided by 5, so that he knows he will be out of food in 3 days (61-22-22=17).

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: January 14, 2012, 11:35:41 PM »
But here's what a region lord thinks/sees when he reads his region report:That final line is incorrect. It should be 61 divided by 22, not 61 divided by 5, so that he knows he will be out of food in 3 days (61-22-22=17).

Should be 23, not 22, due to troops. I think the problem is that the days till starvation is being calculated based on the daily harvests that the system *technically* works by, but in reality works on a weekly basis.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

egamma

« Reply #14: January 15, 2012, 07:10:58 AM »
Should be 23, not 22, due to troops. I think the problem is that the days till starvation is being calculated based on the daily harvests that the system *technically* works by, but in reality works on a weekly basis.

I think there should be a daily report on the duchy level and to the banker for any region of the duchy that will run out of food before the next harvest, just a simple:
IF stored_food < (daily_consumption * days_till_harvest), THEN issue alert.