Author Topic: Calm before the storm on FEI  (Read 71534 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Re: Calm before the storm on FEI
« Reply #75: April 27, 2012, 10:44:04 PM »
The title of this thread should be Calm before the Calmer.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: April 27, 2012, 10:46:13 PM »
^

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: April 28, 2012, 05:59:14 AM »

Yup. Damn peace keeping elements, destroyed three potential wars which could have been awesome.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: April 28, 2012, 08:07:11 AM »

Everyone's just waiting for me to come back, admit it.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #79: April 28, 2012, 08:09:55 AM »
Everyone's just waiting for me to come back, admit it.

We are! When are you coming back?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: April 28, 2012, 08:22:07 AM »
We are! When are you coming back?

I'm hoping, planning, expecting, and praying this summer.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #81: April 28, 2012, 08:24:40 AM »

We should all hope and pray for your return :D

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: April 28, 2012, 08:30:15 AM »
Yup. Damn peace keeping elements, destroyed three potential wars which could have been awesome.

I think it's less the peacekeeping elements, and more the internet troubles of the Zonasan ruler (who Kindara and probably Aenilia were waiting on to lead an attack) and the dissolution of Toupellon that forestalled the expected war. I imagine there'll be something coming soon, though.

Longmane

• Noble Lord
  • Longmane Family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: April 28, 2012, 06:20:53 PM »

Don't forget to throw in a dash of bribery, threat and downright underhandedness while you at it, as we are taking about Jenrad after all remember     :)

I think it's less the peacekeeping elements, and more the internet troubles of the Zonasan ruler (who Kindara and probably Aenilia were waiting on to lead an attack) and the dissolution of Toupellon that forestalled the expected war. I imagine there'll be something coming soon, though.

Yeah his Internet problems have prevented us in Zonasa from really being able keep up with what 's been going on for while,  in fact even as it's general I'm near enough totally in the dark about things.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.  "Albert Einstein"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: April 28, 2012, 08:25:41 PM »
Sorry our plans to tear apart Toupellon from the inside spoiled your plans to tear it apart from the outside. :)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: April 28, 2012, 11:15:04 PM »
Don't forget to throw in a dash of bribery, threat and downright underhandedness while you at it, as we are taking about Jenrad after all remember     :)

The amusing thing to me is that Jenred sees himself as a very straightforward guy who dislikes scheming, plots, and deviousness.  The fact that he's had to engage in them almost constantly made him very, very annoyed.  He far prefers just riding out at the head of the army and slaughtering things.

Then again, he's kinda turned into the living avatar of "the ends justify the means"...

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: April 28, 2012, 11:21:04 PM »
Then again, he's kinda turned into the living avatar of "the ends justify the means"...

Ehhhh....not really. If that were the case he wouldn't have given a !@#$ about looting methods or burning food. Instead we were hamstrung for ages, restricted to looting tax gold and stealing food. We would have won the southern war much faster if we'd been plundering Aenilia's lands the whole time, for example.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: April 28, 2012, 11:24:26 PM »
Ehhhh....not really. If that were the case he wouldn't have given a !@#$ about looting methods or burning food. Instead we were hamstrung for ages, restricted to looting tax gold and stealing food. We would have won the southern war much faster if we'd been plundering Aenilia's lands the whole time, for example.

Because you mistake the means for an end.  One of Jenred's "ends" is island-wide rules of warfare that are more restrictive than even the Order of the Hawk envisioned.  The problem is that he has multiple ends, most of which support each other in the endgame, but getting to all of the ends is...Difficult.

I think you also underestimate how badly Zonasa, Aenilia, and Kindara could have hurt Arcaea if they stopped dicking around in Larmebsi and went for the western regions looting with a vengeance.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: April 28, 2012, 11:33:09 PM »
Perhaps, but their inability to organise themselves had little to do with Arcaea's self imposed looting restrictions. You always did seem to underestimate Arcaea's military ability.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: April 28, 2012, 11:42:34 PM »
Perhaps, but their inability to organise themselves had little to do with Arcaea's self imposed looting restrictions. You always did seem to underestimate Arcaea's military ability.

The latter is certainly true.  I don't think Jenred ever stopped seeing Arcaea as the underdog, beset on all sides by innumerable foes.