Poll

I have not bought "Beyond the Blight", because...

not interested
29 (31.9%)
too expensive
6 (6.6%)
waiting for the iTunes/Nook release
4 (4.4%)
don't have an e-reader
20 (22%)
purchase doesn't work / no credit card / not available in my country / etc.
8 (8.8%)
other (please detail in comment)
24 (26.4%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Beyond the Blight - not selling well ?  (Read 39538 times)

megs

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond the Blight - not selling well ?
« Reply #60: January 14, 2012, 02:08:44 PM »
I prefer books as well, that is why I printed the e-book.

How?
I tried to print it, and got only black pages. What viewer are you using?

...Sorry blank (white) pages...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 08:29:59 PM by megs »

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: January 14, 2012, 04:54:55 PM »
I prefer books as well, that is why I printed the e-book.

I'm actually fairly concerned as to why I failed to realise that things I see on my monitor can be printed and made into lovely paper form...

Perhaps once life settles down, I'll get round to reading this then.

The best writing I've ever seen on BM was during a period from around 2006 to 2007 in the Far East when, for whatever reason, there were a lot of medieval roleplayers around.  [...] I would've spent a few bucks to see that arranged in an ebook.

Agreed. I'd gladly contribute to a book like that, perhaps diary excerpts of my character (Poison ShadowStalker / Veleno Stalker [name change]) from around the time of important FEI events. Whilst I wouldn't put her as an important person, she brought Adgharinism to the mainlands and was part of Lasanar's Council during the period mentioned until Nighthelm fell. Perhaps the players of Conan, Galiard, Gul'Dan, Jenred, Milan, Vulpes and various other people from the time could also do something similar? If not to make it into an ebook, then at least into something to share as part of a "History of the Far East" piece.

Calanar

• Knight
  • Harbinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: January 14, 2012, 05:31:34 PM »
Perhaps the players of Conan, Galiard, Gul'Dan, Jenred, Milan, Vulpes and various other people from the time could also do something similar? If not to make it into an ebook, then at least into something to share as part of a "History of the Far East" piece.

But... But... That was so long ago!  :'( That was actually when I started playing... No collection of stories would be complete without some about Valius. I think the player still has a Far East character. It's been forever since I've spoken with him though. Or maybe he's in the thread here, and I'm twice the idiot. :P Gul'Dan's player quit, I believe, but I could probably get in touch with him and Thraymn's player if I had to.

Such a collection would probably have to run up through the fall of Batesaor. Does that sound about right?
"The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your mental and physical energies to the problem at hand [...]" - Thomas Edison

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: January 14, 2012, 05:46:19 PM »
Haven't bought it yet because I'm waiting until I'll actually have time to read it.

That pretty much sums it up. Also no time to buy, I only came here because the message said it would only take 30 seconds to fill out.

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: January 14, 2012, 06:57:53 PM »
You realize Lulu(which Tom used for the ebook) offers pretty much the same service? On-demand prints of books.

Both of these still have a bit of cost involved since you need to order a test copy of the book for approval etc. Also time issues since you need to rework the layout from the ebook version a bit and other stuff like that.

I'm aware. At least as of the time that we were doing our print runs, CreateSpace was leaps and bounds more profitable for us. It seems they've upped their own base cost per book, so maybe they're more even now. CS does offer automatic Amazon listing. Not sure about lulu.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #65: January 17, 2012, 03:49:05 AM »
Just don't have the cash to spend on it at the moment.  Maybe in a couple of weeks.