Author Topic: Beyond the Blight  (Read 25199 times)

Calanar

• Knight
  • Harbinger
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond the Blight
« Reply #30: February 17, 2012, 02:57:53 AM »
Hey, Tom! Just wanted to say I picked up a copy now that Barnes and Noble is showing it. (I added the link to the wiki page for it.) I'm really enjoying it. I think the account of Rhys is my favorite so far. Since I was playing in Heen when it fell, it hit closer to home. Thanks for the fun read!
"The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your mental and physical energies to the problem at hand [...]" - Thomas Edison

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #31: February 17, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »
Hey, Tom! Just wanted to say I picked up a copy now that Barnes and Noble is showing it. (I added the link to the wiki page for it.) I'm really enjoying it. I think the account of Rhys is my favorite so far. Since I was playing in Heen when it fell, it hit closer to home. Thanks for the fun read!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. And yes, I did try to strike a few chords with people, and integrate the stories into the realms and existing lore. It really should feel like it fits in, not as if it was added on top.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: March 08, 2012, 02:25:34 PM »
Can some excerpts from the stories be taken IC? Especially the travels of Spencer Rhys, and some other interesting bits...
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

egamma

« Reply #33: March 08, 2012, 02:38:33 PM »
Can some excerpts from the stories be taken IC? Especially the travels of Spencer Rhys, and some other interesting bits...

I think the rule is, your character has to have some IC reason for having the information.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #34: March 09, 2012, 12:01:30 AM »
All of these stories describe events that did happen IC.

The book itself also exists IC - see the introductory chapter.

You should explain IC how you learnt about it. It's not exactly going to be printed in large numbers, if for no other reason than because the printing press has not yet been invented.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: March 09, 2012, 07:08:30 AM »
Quick suggestion--one thing that http://machineofdeath.net/ did with the Machine of Death book, is offer podcasted readings of various chapters.

You may want to consider releasing at least the first few paragraphs of some of 8 stories as a sample.

That's a cool idea.

I'd be happy to provide the voice talent for the podcasts.