Author Topic: Fame Point: Trading to a starving region at a loss  (Read 2315 times)

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
It's been kicked around for a while as an idea, and even though I'd had very successful traders before who made quite a bit of gold, I never once sold to a starving region at a loss.

It's unclear if I would've had the fame point if it wasn't for a loss, but trading at a loss of even 15 gold to relieve the starvation got me the point.

If someone wants to try testing w/o losing any golds on it we can nail it down once and for all.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Probably does not require you to sell at a loss.: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Fame_Box/Careful_Research#Plausible

Quote from: egamma
I have a new fame point and the only notable thing I've done is buy food for 25 gold and sell it for 75 gold to a starving city a few days later. --egamma 04:21, 9 December 2010 (CET)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

holy crap, I've been playing a trader for over a year now!

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
*shrug* Easy to test for someone else then ;-) I was doing a realm transfer and was curious.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
I have long suspected this. I got a fame point shortly after selling food to Shanandoah when it was starving; I do not recall if it was at a loss or not, but I doubt it. I probably broke even on it.

egamma

My sale was at a very healthy profit, bought for 25 and sold for 75. So it's just selling to a starving region.

The question is, does this fame point still work with the new code? It seems that any region lord, steward, or trader can now earn the fame point.