Author Topic: New Message System  (Read 1441 times)

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
New Message System
« Topic Start: January 17, 2012, 02:30:16 AM »
I think I like the wysiwyg editor currently on testing.  Two things I noticed and wasn't sure if it could be fixed. Nitpicking, both, really.

1) Background field is white, making anything pasted from the game in white (headings/report titles) disappear from view. Yes, I know it shows up fine when you send it, but still... any chance of going with a transparent field of some sort?

2) Multiple scout reports drop in as a table, but the table isn't easily editable. So getting rid of that dastardly Fresh Delete is a little harder and then (at least when I did it) the reports dropped in on the same line instead of having line breaks like one would typically expect from scout reports. Is the quick and dirty workaround to "paste as plain text"?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: New Message System
« Reply #1: January 17, 2012, 04:04:50 AM »
Pasting as plain text is definitely the way to go. It also avoids the problem of the line breaks disappearing when the table formatting is stripped out.

Both Chrome and FireFox support CTRL-SHIFT-V as paste in plain text.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: New Message System
« Reply #2: January 17, 2012, 10:36:00 AM »
I might default it to plain text, but I'm looking into options to have it auto-clean the paste. It's doable, but I'm not sure if it's easy to do. I'm not a Javascript expert. If someone here is and wants to help out...