Author Topic: Luria is insane! In other news, the sky is blue!  (Read 25561 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
It's lols. Now let's see...what's the tally on people who thought they could make some sort of "Lurian Empire"...and failed?

Only 2? I mean, Alanna and Koli make 2. Granted Alanna actually kind of succeeded for a while...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

songqu88@gmail.com

I'd wager a good many players in the affected realms probably find it less than "fun" and more on "frustrating". Why I say that is because generally people are a bit pissed when they know there's something going on but they also know they're not part of it. So in this case...the pissed off meter against the high nobility may be exaggerated more than usual? I wouldn't be surprised. But I am not complaining. The more they destroy themselves, then the more...they...destroy themselves?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Yawn. Sounds like a big ego trip to me, typical Bedwyr move. The "certain factors" statement just seals the deal.

If he was trying to boost his Ego, Koli would be at the front defending his realm against Aggressors, instead of being bed ridden and allowing for other nobles to step up and become the heroes of PeL. The factors he speaks about are just related to other peoples actions. Whenever you do a RP of this type, you can't preset the outcomes, you have to defined several, or define the basic path things will take depending on what actions other characters take. If all of Luria suddenly united to find healers capable of healing Koli, it would be rather poor taste to just go, oh but I always intended for him to die. Likewise if Solaria RP's storming the estate where he resides, taking control and preventing all aid, it would be stupid to RP his recovery.

So perhaps take your snap judgements made on what appears to be OOC dislike for the family, and allow those who are actually RECEIVING the relevant RP to comment on how enjoyable or not it is.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
So perhaps take your snap judgements made on what appears to be OOC dislike for the family, and allow those who are actually RECEIVING the relevant RP to comment on how enjoyable or not it is.

Who says I have a OOC grief with the family? My comment is based entirely on in character interactions. Damian had an ego trip and was executed in Suville. Malcolm twisted Carelia into a husk of a realm from a once great empire. The Bedwyr family generates larger than life characters. Koli fits the mould perfectly.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
In reference to the title, I don't think Luria is insane, we just know how to have fun. I mean everyone else is complaining about having no PvP on Dwilight, but that just means they obviously don't ever visit Luria. I mean we have so much pvp we practically ignore the npc monsters, etc...
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
In reference to the title, I don't think Luria is insane, we just know how to have fun. I mean everyone else is complaining about having no PvP on Dwilight, but that just means they obviously don't ever visit Luria. I mean we have so much pvp we practically ignore the npc monsters, etc...
This in spite of the fact that our major religion is based on killing npc monsters.
 ::)
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
This in spite of the fact that our major religion is based on killing npc monsters.
 ::)

WAS the major religion. With so many nobles leaving it I doubt that is the case any longer.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
WAS the major religion. With so many nobles leaving it I doubt that is the case any longer.

Now the major religion is about fire. Fits much better. ;D
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Only 2? I mean, Alanna and Koli make 2. Granted Alanna actually kind of succeeded for a while...

Amaury too, though with the controversy surrounding him, declaring himself Emperor would not have gone over too well I think >_>

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Amaury too, though with the controversy surrounding him, declaring himself Emperor would not have gone over too well I think >_>

And then there are all the nobles that have supported the various efforts and failed along with the ring leaders.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Why did Alanna really call herself Empress? For as far as I know, she was simply Queen of PeL?

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Why did Alanna really call herself Empress? For as far as I know, she was simply Queen of PeL?

Well for a time Fissoa was technically part of the Lurian Empire, or intended to be. Granted I'm not sure this lasted very long at all. I believe there was some obscure treaty this was intended as or some such.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Well for a time Fissoa was technically part of the Lurian Empire, or intended to be. Granted I'm not sure this lasted very long at all. I believe there was some obscure treaty this was intended as or some such.

Yep, the treaty was disputed by most members of Fissoa, but it was signed by their Grand Duke at the time. This later became a serious bone of contention.

However, so far as Pian en Luries was concerned, Fissoa was a vassal state.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Yep, the treaty was disputed by most members of Fissoa, but it was signed by their Grand Duke at the time. This later became a serious bone of contention.

However, so far as Pian en Luries was concerned, Fissoa was a vassal state.

Ah yes. Lmao, GD Leon got banned for that. In no way does the current Fissoa respect any treaty of that kind :) Furthermore, LN and PeL have renounced those claims from the past, recognising the GDoF as a sovereign state.

We still want Irvington, though! Not that we have the nobles to actually govern it ...>.>

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Ah yes. Lmao, GD Leon got banned for that. In no way does the current Fissoa respect any treaty of that kind :) Furthermore, LN and PeL have renounced those claims from the past, recognising the GDoF as a sovereign state.

Well, yeah; if Alanna ever manages to get back into power, she's perfectly aware she'd be starting from scratch with Fissoa.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan