Author Topic: Luria is insane! In other news, the sky is blue!  (Read 25549 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Luria is insane! In other news, the sky is blue!
« Reply #1: January 18, 2012, 08:30:30 AM »
Should be noted that this all took place over the span of 2 days, 7 hours :o.......
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 18, 2012, 08:34:01 AM »
Should be noted that this all took place over the span of 2 days, 7 hours :o.......
at 225 messages total that means 4.1 messages per hour
wut
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #3: January 18, 2012, 01:19:30 PM »
lolol it could be part of Koli's "plan" (Hey I noticed that the only Bedwyrs my characters ever heard of were crazy: Jenred of FEI and Koli of Dwi.)

Remember how Allison did that troll secession that got Caerwyn to take the bait and declare war and then get roflpwned? Maybe Koli is trying that with...er...well, I dunno who gives enough of a crap to declare war on them.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 18, 2012, 01:41:24 PM »
Solaria and PeL are at war now.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #5: January 18, 2012, 01:55:06 PM »
Yeah, and there are a ton of New Luria Novas.

6, to be exact.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 18, 2012, 05:17:28 PM »
THIS IS ALL OOC. I mostly put up all this stuff so that people who weren't in the Halls of Luria at the time could still read through all the crap

That's very kind of you... Do you also have something for people who /are/ in the Halls of Luria but /don't/ want to read through all that crap?  ::)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: January 18, 2012, 05:28:46 PM »
The best part of all of this is that it appears to have been started by a Morekian infiltrator.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #8: January 18, 2012, 05:32:30 PM »
...Are we sure this isn't a plot by Koli to get the daimons off guard and trying to strike while the hammer is cold to I have no idea what I am writing anymore.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 18, 2012, 05:34:09 PM »
That's very kind of you... Do you also have something for people who /are/ in the Halls of Luria but /don't/ want to read through all that crap?  ::)
Did you miss the summary at the bottom?
tl;dr it hits the fan, people are probably going to start dropping like flies
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
...Are we sure this isn't a plot by Koli to get the daimons off guard and trying to strike while the hammer is cold to I have no idea what I am writing anymore.

Of course the Zuma ambassador would come up with a plan like that:

Let's poison myself, have ppl declare war on me, then we will defeat the Daimons!
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
It's such a devious and cunning plan...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Did you miss the summary at the bottom?

Nah... (well yes actually, but that's not the point :P) I know what's going on, I just tire of fishing for important letters in between the many many letters.

Not that I disapprove of the discussion, it's good to see people care, I just don't on this particular subject.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Nah... (well yes actually, but that's not the point :P) I know what's going on, I just tire of fishing for important letters in between the many many letters.

Not that I disapprove of the discussion, it's good to see people care, I just don't on this particular subject.
As a general rule, everything that isn't sent by a council member or a Duke is basically just needless posturing.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
I shamelessly and nationalistically point out that this is the best letter in the bunch:

Roleplay from Hrok Stefanovic (2 days, 7 hours ago)
Message sent to everyone in "Halls of Luria" (31 recipients)

"...we have other potential threats to face. Peeved, Ramiel Avis." The scribe was understandably uneasy after delivering the letter. The Duke's countenance did not ease that feeling. The ending of the letter had been like the opening wind of a storm.

For a moment all was quiet. With the Duke's face set hard and his court giving nervous-yet-meaningful glances to one another, all present waited with baited breath.
The moment passed. Inhaling deeply, Hrok began to speak with a whisper. "He would dare talk to me of other threats?" Rising from his throne, the Solarian duke grasped the weathered axe at his side and began to finger the edge. "He would preach to me of his worthless gods, of honor and nobility?"

In quiet rage the duke continued. "He would dare speak of these things to me?! Well then, messenger," shouting now as he stepped from his throne towards the messenger, "this is a most unfortunate day for you." The scribe fell on the first swing, his hamstring severed by the axe. On the second, he lost the leg.

As the southern messenger screamed in pain, the duke took hold of the severed leg with his free hand before pointing the blade of his axe in the messenger's face. "Now, stop your blathering. You are going to deliver one more message for me. You are going to return to that southern cur and tell him that I name him liar, betrayer, and seditionist. Then, you will find his duke, Brom, and you will tell his duke that I name him liar, betrayer, and scum among nobility. Then, you will find his king, and you will tell his king that I name him less than the scum that will gather on this leg as it rots. They have aided those that stole from and betrayed me, and in doing so have themselves stolen and betrayed me. They have made thinly veiled threats against me and mine and those I protect. They are unfit to name themselves nobles, and I challenge them to find the men willing to defend them against these claims. Let them come."
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.