Author Topic: What to do with all that blight?  (Read 9743 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
What to do with all that blight?
« Topic Start: March 13, 2011, 04:08:28 PM »
So, the invasion is over, half of the island is lost and many wish to see it reclaimed.
Are we able to 'unblight' the blight? And how do we think we can do it?

Please, Burn loose.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with all that blight?
« Reply #1: March 13, 2011, 05:12:03 PM »
First, deal with the rogues.

Then, we can think about other things, like that blight.

But first, the damn rogues.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 13, 2011, 05:30:34 PM »
So, the invasion is over, half of the island is lost and many wish to see it reclaimed.
Are we able to 'unblight' the blight? And how do we think we can do it?

Tom has said that, at least for 2011, we can expect the blight to stick around.

This is the new shape of Beluaterra, and we have to learn to live with it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #3: March 13, 2011, 10:21:32 PM »
It's our fault the blight is there in the first place. I remember Shae Nosferatus going "Yay undead blighted around Crim, no more daimons!" It gave me quite the hysterics (not really but it was funny nevertheless). In terms of manipulating players to cause their own destruction (myself included) this Invasion was quite successful. I think 3 realms were misled into attacking the Light, and almost every realm except the ones with the Light temples and...Thalmarkin (oh wow they're still alive. lol, Undead phails hard), aligned with some faction. Ergo, the lands lost to the NPCs get lost. Too bad for not "keeping the light of hope" or whatever the heck it was. I personally blame the adventurers.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #4: March 13, 2011, 11:25:33 PM »
It's our fault the blight is there in the first place. I remember Shae Nosferatus going "Yay undead blighted around Crim, no more daimons!" It gave me quite the hysterics (not really but it was funny nevertheless). In terms of manipulating players to cause their own destruction (myself included) this Invasion was quite successful. I think 3 realms were misled into attacking the Light, and almost every realm except the ones with the Light temples and...Thalmarkin (oh wow they're still alive. lol, Undead phails hard), aligned with some faction. Ergo, the lands lost to the NPCs get lost. Too bad for not "keeping the light of hope" or whatever the heck it was. I personally blame the adventurers.

Wait... people rejoiced over blighting?  That the first I've heard of that.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #5: March 13, 2011, 11:32:04 PM »
Well I'm not sure if it was over the blight or if it was that the undead were beating back the daimons. In any case I got to know pretty well by the near endgame that almost no one in Melhed knew exactly what the consequences of the blight were.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #6: March 14, 2011, 12:57:17 AM »
Wait, you thought they had the capacity to find out what the blight was?  I thought they'd be too busy... doing nothing.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #7: March 14, 2011, 12:59:37 AM »
It wasn't that hard to suspect that those black spots were no good. A quick visit, trying to pass through would suggest as much. I think Soren Calanar might have been a bit leery of working with the Undead, but it seemed like Dilgaard Gamlel, Shae Nosferatus, among maybe others, bought the idea that the Undead were here to help. In a way, it might not exactly be wrong. In all things there is a price after all.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #8: March 14, 2011, 01:45:18 AM »
It wasn't that hard to suspect that those black spots were no good. A quick visit, trying to pass through would suggest as much. I think Soren Calanar might have been a bit leery of working with the Undead, but it seemed like Dilgaard Gamlel, Shae Nosferatus, among maybe others, bought the idea that the Undead were here to help. In a way, it might not exactly be wrong. In all things there is a price after all.

I see, I guess it's not too much to expect nobles of Melhed to check their maps once in a while, and to move from region to region... occasionally.  8)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #9: March 14, 2011, 01:47:32 AM »
They were doing well until they voted to ally with the Undead. Well, by then the north was more or less a lost cause, unless Lin Helon could have been held even after Dark or whatever daimon went into Crim burned it up.

And the only reason I found the Undead blight message was because I was trying for a quicker route to Crim.  ::)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 14, 2011, 01:57:42 AM »
I never actually saw the Undead Blight message. Anyone still have a copy?

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 14, 2011, 09:15:57 AM »
Shae never cheered for all that blight, they simply told the realm that the best thing would be to ally the undead, it's a shame Talmarkin didn't follow or more land could have been saved perhaps.

Also when we fought the undead, shae was quite sucsesful in taking over more regions than they took from us, preventing lots of blight by the undead.

And yes, Shae would prefer Undead blight above Daimon blight for the obvious reason that Melhed was allied with the undead.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #12: March 14, 2011, 11:11:14 AM »
Blight is still bligh. Especially now because they're all the same blight.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 14, 2011, 01:27:34 PM »

Blame the Light for making themselves so despicable.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 14, 2011, 07:57:59 PM »
Also when we fought the undead, shae was quite sucsesful in taking over more regions than they took from us, preventing lots of blight by the undead.

And yes, Shae would prefer Undead blight above Daimon blight for the obvious reason that Melhed was allied with the undead.

The only reason Thalmarkin is still around is because of the grace of The Many and the Pact. This I can guarantee.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.