Author Topic: Inalienable Rights Violation  (Read 27458 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Inalienable Rights Violation
« Reply #60: January 21, 2012, 03:24:12 PM »
Where does one draw the line at "no deadlines, for any reason" without significantly impacting the quality of the game for everyone?  Originally, the player that filed the complaint was arguing that he wasn't being given enough time.  Time for what?  He wasn't going to comply with the demand—none of them were, for that matter—and he sent maaaany letters in between the time the ultimatum was issued and when the complaint was filed.  All of the individuals so named were active.

To me, he's instead complaining that he was compelled to respond because of the deadline, which is stupid.  That's a fancier way of saying "I am not in control of my own actions".  People can play BM at whatever pace they wish.  Brom was going to die, whether the ultimatum was one day or thirty.  Less than an hour after the ultimatum was given, he refused to comply. 

What am I missing, then, that this is even an issue?  Should magistrates really be encouraging players to lie in order to avoid triggering some silly "no timeline" rule?  Can you imagine a crappier way to play BM?