Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Population Rebalance and Harvest Change

Started by Tom, January 19, 2012, 01:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

That went horribly wrong.

I had tested this change extensively on the dev server. Like 20 times. And when I put it on live, it just went all wrong. I don't know what happened, I'll work on it. Right now, I'll try to revert the change as good as I can. Food, Gold and nominal population are easy, but actual/current population will only be approximate.

fodder

QuotePlease note that food consumption has also been increased. With the current production, season and weather, your peasants will produce 182 bushels tomorrow, and eat 273 bushels. The troops currently in the region would eat 1 bushels.

gone from eating a few tens of food per day to hundreds?
firefox

D`Este

Well, seems that now the only problem with food is where to store it...

Hm, is the food overview for dukes and bankers adjusted as well? As Giask consumption is listed there as 1200 bushels, while the change message said 2272 bushels.

Tom

Yeah, as I said: That went wrong.

Multiply the estimates by about 0.2 - these were still weekly values, not daily.

Chenier

Under the new system, one of my chars is a lord of a rural that has more population now than the other's city does (Sandlakes new population = 9634, Iato's new population = 9377)

Which is pretty funky, if you ask me. I guess Sandlakes *does* cover more land, so population density is half or a third of Iato's, but still.

Just sayin'.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

Quote from: Chénier on January 24, 2012, 03:26:51 AM
Under the new system, one of my chars is a lord of a rural that has more population now than the other's city does (Sandlakes new population = 9634, Iato's new population = 9377)

Which is pretty funky, if you ask me. I guess Sandlakes *does* cover more land, so population density is half or a third of Iato's, but still.

Just sayin'.

And we have townslands that produce 100 gold less then their city, but produce 300 more food. Guess cities are no longer so important :)
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

I actually like the new change. People might actually stop appointing dukes based on cities.

De-Legro

Quote from: Zakilevo on January 24, 2012, 04:08:39 AM
I actually like the new change. People might actually stop appointing dukes based on cities.

What do you mean, in the Luria realms our Dukes tend to have no land of their own. We appoint a Lord for the city or townsland, and a Duke over them.

Zakilevo

That is nice. All the realms my characters are in didn't do that. They are still following the old system.

De-Legro

Quote from: Zakilevo on January 24, 2012, 04:30:00 AM
That is nice. All the realms my characters are in didn't do that. They are still following the old system.

It takes times for these things to change. In most cases when we converted the Dukes kept both their land and their title. You could make new Duchies on townslands, but then you invite internal conflict between the ruler and the old Dukes, which may not be something a realm is really wanting at the time.

fodder

for dukes... the biggest problem would be elections not exactly working yet.
firefox

Tom

Quote from: Chénier on January 24, 2012, 03:26:51 AM

Just sayin'.

No, what's funny about it? There is no law saying cities have to be especially large, and we used to have small cities before.

fodder

i think i got a "bad" bargain from the change.  heh.... bt, avengmil

this is from the broadcast (twice showing same numbers)
Population   8900   10200   + 15 %
Food Production   173   239   + 38 % <--- not sure about that line...
Gold Income   565   817   + 45 %

from harvest reports from the last month... (only 3 harvests.. most recent 1 missing when food prod/cons stopped working).. avengmil produced, 277, 286 in good weathers and 143 in drought.. i think it used to consume 126 a week / 18 a day <--- not quite 500 peasant per bushel (from the harvest of 277, i sent 140 bushels off to sell and i always keep a tight surplus according to warehouse numbers

but surely.. if you have a surplus before the change.. and your food production increase % is bigger than pop increase %, you get a bigger surplus? (though... maybe not if consumption is upped) anyway..  production is now 231 every 7 days.. (or 33 a day)... weather says East Islands: Average.

how come a 15% increase pop almost tripled the food consumption (51 a day <-- 200 peasant per bushel)? consumption per peasant was upped a lot too? or were food consumption before bugged and too low? very weird..

----
after latest changes..
consumption per day 41, 287 per week.. roughly 250 peasant per bushel.
firefox

Vellos

Dwilight just had a turn change at 8:30 AM, Eastern time.

Anybody have any idea why?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

The turn at the regular time failed partway through. Tom manually re-ran the rest of it.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.