Author Topic: Ibladesh secessions  (Read 24124 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Ibladesh secessions
« Topic Start: January 20, 2012, 08:54:53 PM »
I used to have character in the Eastern Continent, and I just noticed that Ibladesh has formed two new realms. How did  those secessions ever happen?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Ibladesh secessions
« Reply #1: January 20, 2012, 09:01:53 PM »
Ibladesh got herself pretty near destroyed by Caligus and Perdan.

From what little I hear (as a regular noble in Ibladesh), our leaders are basically buying a little more time before they come in and finish the job, because we won't agree to the surrender terms they're demanding (which would include, among other things, the destruction of the Church of Ibladesh, and a payment of 3000 gold/month to Perdan for...10 months, I think?).
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 20, 2012, 09:17:04 PM »
Plus 12 months of enforced peace, destruction of nearly every recruiting center in what little would remain of Ibladeshian land, and essentially complete subjugation to Perdan. The treaty terms were really brutal.

Not that Ibladesh didn't have it coming, after the way they started the war, with the explicit purpose of destroying both Perdan and Caligus. ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 21, 2012, 01:31:27 PM »
The only thing that is missing from the treaty is a one year long Ibladesh vassalage to Perdan, and the right to use our troops as Perdan auxiliary army. Quite humiliating. What we are pretty much doing right now is waiting for the final siege which will mark a completely new era on EC (with last theocracy going down and a whole bunch of IC history and culture going down the drain). Well done Perdan and Caligus!  :(
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 21, 2012, 08:52:46 PM »
What we are pretty much doing right now is waiting for the final siege which will mark a completely new era on EC (with last theocracy going down and a whole bunch of IC history and culture going down the drain). Well done Perdan and Caligus!  :(

Well, to be fair, Ibladesh would've totally destroyed perdan and caligus as well if things had gone differently. I don't think we would've even gone through the motions of offering a completely unacceptable peace treaty. They were to be replaced by theocracies and that was that.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 21, 2012, 09:10:30 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out how Ibladesh lost. When I joined Perdan 15 months ago, it seemed as though Ibladesh were easily capable of holding off Caligus with one hand while smashing Perdan with the other. But it seemed, at a certain point, Ibladesh just stopped fielding armies capable of facing Perdan, even though I noticed no drop in Ibladesh's CS on the stats page until relatively recently.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 21, 2012, 09:26:03 PM »
I'm not entirely sure since I kept getting deported and tried to enjoy the taste of AT a few times while I was there but my guess is Ibby's reserves just ran out...
Caligus and Perdan are both pretty strong realms and even though Ibladesh was powerful, it was just too much. As soon as the Diocese of Aix fell we were done for.
Had Ibladesh given Aix enough time to grow to a point where they could fend for themselves before declaring war, chances of victory would've been much greater. Congrats to Dobromir for provoking an early war declaration are in order.

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: January 21, 2012, 09:53:51 PM »
Ibladesh lost so many fights during the middle and later period of the war. Didn't they change their general like three times?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 21, 2012, 11:52:30 PM »
Ibladesh Diplomacy was absolutely awful. My character tried to hint at it in private, but the deed was already done by then. Caligus very nicely provoked the War before DoA was ready. Ibladesh did well, but it went so at the cost of DoA. Ibladesh was winning, because DoA was incurring the losses. Ibladesh did well on her General Kazimir. After he left, it never really went right. We had like one more good General for a bit after that, but it was already too late by then. The 'surrender' terms were really too awful to accept for Ibladesh. They could have been accepted if they were less harsh, but Perdan/Caligus never really wanted Ibladesh to survive I figure. The awful diplomacy of Ibladesh was probably also a cause of that. That said, my character gave the Duke of Aix the go-ahead to sack the City of Aix after Ibladesh never really reacted on the idea of surrendering DoA's lands or using Aix to get some kind of Peace / agreement with Perdan. The destruction of their awesome Cavalry Center in Aix really hit a nerve with Perdan, more so then I ever expected.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #9: January 22, 2012, 01:59:17 AM »
I think your razing of Aix is what convinced Perdan to swear to destroy Ibladesh, actually. 

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: January 22, 2012, 02:15:59 AM »
As lorgan says, Ibladesh went into the war with the explicit goal of wiping out both Perdan and Caligus. So complaining about how those two realms turned it around and wiped out Ibladesh is rather hypocritical. Especially after Ibladesh had just finished killing Itorunt.

Yeah, it sucks that your realm will probably die. But that's how the ball rolls sometimes. Find a new realm, and start plotting your revenge.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: January 22, 2012, 02:30:51 AM »
Ibladesh just wanted to fight Caligus, really. And felt like it needed to act after Fontan was attacked by them.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: January 22, 2012, 03:46:08 AM »
So complaining about how those two realms turned it around and wiped out Ibladesh is rather hypocritical. Especially after Ibladesh had just finished killing Itorunt.

Are any of them actually complaining? I thought they were being quite good sports about it, actually.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: January 22, 2012, 04:04:02 AM »
There have been a couple grumbles.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: January 22, 2012, 04:11:56 AM »
OOC belly-aching doesn't count. ;)
------
qui audet vincit