Author Topic: Ibladesh secessions  (Read 24120 times)

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
Re: Ibladesh secessions
« Reply #15: January 22, 2012, 07:08:00 AM »
I miss the days of fighting the Ittys and the Ibbys back in like 2006. Ittyland is long gone, and official Ibbyland is soon to be no more.

I think I will ask for a moment of silence to remember all those that have died when we finally remove Ibbycity from Ibbyland.

When did Perdan stop calling them Ibbys anyways? I loved that nickname (if you can't tell :P).
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: January 22, 2012, 07:54:27 AM »
Well, to be fair, Ibladesh would've totally destroyed perdan and caligus as well if things had gone differently. I don't think we would've even gone through the motions of offering a completely unacceptable peace treaty. They were to be replaced by theocracies and that was that.

And I thought that's what was going to happen.  I still don't have the slightest idea how it got turned around.  I joined Perdan explicitly because I thought it had no hope and wanted to enjoy riding down with the ship with a bloodthirsty Hero trying to make a name for himself in hopelessly one-sided battles.

He's on BT now, and finding all of that he could ever need, heh...
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: January 22, 2012, 12:07:50 PM »
I miss the days of fighting the Ittys and the Ibbys back in like 2006. Ittyland is long gone, and official Ibbyland is soon to be no more.

There's no such things as Itty's. Their proper name was Runts.

And I thought that's what was going to happen.  I still don't have the slightest idea how it got turned around.  I joined Perdan explicitly because I thought it had no hope and wanted to enjoy riding down with the ship with a bloodthirsty Hero trying to make a name for himself in hopelessly one-sided battles.

He's on BT now, and finding all of that he could ever need, heh...

Sinking ship? Hopelessly one-sided battles? On BT? What are you talking about?!

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: January 22, 2012, 01:05:51 PM »
Maybe I made that one up myself then. I do remember Runts now that you say it though. *shrug*
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: January 22, 2012, 01:07:13 PM »
Ibladesh lost so many fights during the middle and later period of the war. Didn't they change their general like three times?

Indeed - for some reason they kept on losing, even though they had the edge in the battles. I think it went downhill after about 5 losses when they should have won.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: January 23, 2012, 05:36:12 AM »
Sinking ship? Hopelessly one-sided battles? On BT? What are you talking about?!

Rhennthyl joined Perdan when it was barely holding the line against DoA while Caligus was getting pounded into rubble by Ibladesh.  I expected that as Caligus cracked more and more troops would hit Perdan and it would start collapsing, and I thought it would be fun to ride that out.  After sacking, what was it, Semall? for the second time, Rhennthyl was bored with winning, and sailed off the BT to fight the Daimons, and he's delighted to be fighting gigantic armies of demons from hell.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: January 27, 2012, 07:46:18 AM »
I was part of Ibladesh as Priest Clarence through-out most of the war with Perdan and Caligus. Although Priest Clarence ended his life due to religious strife and grievances, during his 43 years in Ibladesh, it was clear that the turning point in the war was when our Paladin Primus Kazimir left the game. He was excellent and managed to help DoA survive while successfully attacking Isadril and turning around the next turn to lay waste to Caligus military.

However, he left after BM started to take over his life (you know what I mean) and Generals were active, quick, and had great ideas, but following through with them didn't work out so well. Once DoA fell, Perdan gain a lot of strength and from then on Ibladesh was outmatched.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Regulus Blackmore

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: February 07, 2012, 03:40:26 AM »
Ibladesh lost the war signing the peace with Perdan, and creating DoA but not supporting them. Ibladesh only fought a big battle ( If I remember well ) against Perdan beside of DoA, and won it. Ibladesh was winning in the East too, and could enter Caligus deeper than they did.

I still remember the message I sent to the General of Ibladesh ( I donĀ“t remember the name ) telling him that we should loot the rich regions of Perdan ( Partora, Perdan Mines, Bescanon ... because I realized that their army were increasing its strenght day by day, then, a few huge battles, and Ibladesh defeated in all of them, and finally, the successful attack on Semall ... the beginning of the end.
Kill to live and live to die,
Human nature you let the strong survive.

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: February 27, 2012, 01:50:05 AM »
What if the two new Ibladesh seceeded realms went to war for fun... Now that most of the EI is at peace. (Yes, I am in some way starting a war ;) )
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: March 01, 2012, 02:23:08 AM »
What if the two new Ibladesh seceeded realms went to war for fun... Now that most of the EI is at peace. (Yes, I am in some way starting a war ;) )
There wont be peace for long... Something, something about to happen  8)

Letter from Brock Ketchum   (4 days ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (38 recipients)
This is a joke. Tell me it is not. Dame of Fontan...

Battle in Abadan (7 hours, 41 minutes ago)
(rogue) vs. Caligus
Estimated strengths: 10 men vs. 100 men
Lillian Flame (Dame of Fontan) is spotted wearing the Sacred Crown of Beauty.

Defender Victory!
Brock Ketchum
Minister of Finance of Fontan
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: March 01, 2012, 08:45:20 AM »
What am I missing? Why does that indicate war?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: March 01, 2012, 01:50:28 PM »
He's just showing that Caligus still owns Fontan's namesake city. Fontan is not happy about this. Too bad for them thay they're utterly incapable of doing anything about it...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: March 02, 2012, 01:39:59 AM »
He's just showing that Caligus still owns Fontan's namesake city. Fontan is not happy about this. Too bad for them thay they're utterly incapable of doing anything about it...
You catch my drift well...... ;D

Maybe, maybe not. All it takes is a few hit to their heads, and they will be sorted  ::)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: March 02, 2012, 02:06:36 PM »
Having had a character in Fontan, recently seeing the state of the realm, and having a good feel for the political climate there, I'm fairly certain that Fontan has zero prospects for expansion. They're a small realm with big neighbors. No one likes them, and they hate everyone. Caligus has no active wars, and no prospects for finding a serious threat to their power, unless they have another falling out with Perdan. No way Fontan could stand against Caligus. Now, if Fontan could somehow make friends with Westmoor, that might be different. But even then... it's Westmoor, so it's not like they're a threat to anyone. And the only people Fontan hate more than Westmoor are Sirionites.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: March 02, 2012, 02:22:28 PM »
It's a good thing Ibladesh died in stead of becoming the next Fontan.