Author Topic: Travelling weirdness  (Read 1700 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Travelling weirdness
« Topic Start: January 23, 2012, 07:13:29 AM »
Experienced this apparent bug when travelling on a water route between Unotosa and Soniel on FEI. On the second turn of a planned three turn move, my unit was 8 hours away from Soniel and I had 8 hours in my time pool. I "Delayed arrival" to ensure I didn't arrive early. At the next turn change I got this:

"Travel Report   (12 hours, 48 minutes ago)
Due to a large number of troops wishing to travel the same route, there is a shortage of ferries which causes a delay for you. You lose 4 hours due to the delay. The captain of your ferry makes a mistake in reading the position of the stars and goes astray which loses you a lot of time. It will take you 3 hours longer to arrive than you originally estimated.
"

A 7 hour delay, combined with the fact I could only travel a maximum of 7 hours (due to Delay Arrival), meant that after turn change I was still 8 hours away from Soniel with 8 hours in my pool. Annoying, but not buggy.

However, at the next turn change, I got these:

"Travel Report   (41 minutes ago)
Due to a minor storm on the way, you find the route more difficult than you guessed, and will take one hour longer for the trip than planned.

Arrival   (41 minutes ago)
You have arrived in Soniel, a Townsland region, currently "independent", i.e. in anarchy.
"

So I was 8 hours away with 8 hours in my pool and got delayed for an hour, so I'd assume that would leave me 1 hour away with 8 hours in my pool after turn change. Instead, I arrived in the region with 7 hours in my pool. For some reason it's taken the hour delay out of my pool after landing, rather than adding it to my journey time. I assume it's some mix up with the use of delay arrival and the 7 hour delay the turn change before.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Travelling weirdness
« Reply #1: January 23, 2012, 10:30:45 AM »
No, I think it went like this:

You were 8 hours away, with 8 hours in your pool. One hour extra because of delays.

The turn changed. The 8 hours left in your pool were used up. You got 8 new hours for the turn change, of which one was used up (because of the delay). You end up with 7 hours.

I could be really wrong, though. I find travel hopelessly complicated :P

egamma

« Reply #2: January 23, 2012, 08:41:02 PM »
IMHO, the delay travel should only delay after the random delays.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 24, 2012, 06:37:14 AM »
IMHO, the delay travel should only delay after the random delays.

It's supposed to.  If I recall the flags correctly, it doesn't get triggered until you would reach the region, well after the code checks for random delays.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"