Author Topic: Reworking Trade  (Read 106703 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Reworking Trade
« Reply #15: January 26, 2012, 01:56:45 PM »
Could the grace period cover a few weeks *after* the change as well, and be executed a bit later? In D'Hara, caravans take weeks to reach their destination, and then weeks to come back. Imports we require. To cancel caravans over a mere few days notice could cost us hundreds or even thousands of gold and good amounts of food.

I have relatively few right now, only 250 gold's worth of goods, but it wasn't rare for me to have 1000 gold or more on active caravans at the same time, as mere lord of Paisly. I have no idea what the other lords are doing.

A few days is not warning enough. Takes forever to get anywhere on Dwilight, and my caravans aren't due back for 3, 9, and 10 days personally.

While I understand that changes always cause such issues, is there any reason to rush this if it's going to cause caravan losses? Or could you make all lordly caravans auto-arrive before getting rid of them all? Because if our current caravans are deleted, it creates a gap in shipments that will be felt only in weeks, and not immediately.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron