Author Topic: Reworking Trade  (Read 108452 times)

mykavykos

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Reworking Trade
« Reply #165: June 01, 2012, 08:47:26 PM »
Well,

I'm playing a trader and I faced a huge problem.
As a trader you need fit two offers and also make a profit to broker a deal. I'm seeing many offers, buy and sell offers, of 10 gold.

This is simply another way to exchange food inside the realm.

The traders must have a way to make their own profit based in his own skills.

We could allow the traders always have the POSSIBILITY to get a discount based in his skills AND the POSSIBILITY of raise the selling price DURING the trade, also based on his skills. They of course could have both the discount and the raise.
Example: I'll broke a trade. I'm friend of the seller and I don't want to hurt his profit, so I decide don't get the discount in this deal. As I have not against, or in favor, to he other part, I raise the price to make my profit.
The trader still have to make a profit to broker a trade, to avoid long range food exchanges, but this way he may have more opportunities to make deals.

The Commerce skill, if it have no other name in the game already, would represent the traders ability to negotiate prices while buying and to overvalue products while selling.

I don't know if it will generate much problems to the developers, but this is the role of the traders... I know that the name of the game is "Battle Master", but I wold like to see some real room to this class too.