Author Topic: Reworking Trade  (Read 108238 times)

mykavykos

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Reworking Trade
« Reply #210: June 06, 2012, 12:33:59 AM »
Agree.

It must be harder, not impossible. A lord paying fees will still be able to trade but but may prefer don't do it himself.

Also I think that there must be some kind of incentive to be a trader, not only based upon the trade system itself.

The trade system must be something impartial with the trader class having characteristics that give him advantages in the system.

I was thinking and, maybe, the best option is put aside the trader in this topic and care about only the system itself. Creating a trade system that works well, because now it doesn't work. Not for trader and non-traders either. Then discuss the trader class entirely to make it nice to play and having advantages with the finalized new trade system.

If implemented, then the two updates would come online together.

@Chénier: merely boosting range is irrelevant if the system don't work at all. I'm a trader and I can see offers in a range of kilometers and so what? Or there are no offers or, if there are offers I can't broker them because I cant make a profit, or because there are no balance in the offers or whatever. Range is nice. Be able to do trades is better.