Author Topic: Reworking Trade  (Read 108585 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Reworking Trade
« Reply #225: June 07, 2012, 01:23:46 AM »
    • We were talking about fees for accepting offers. How about we turn this around, and put up fees for posting offers? Make Open offers free to post, but implement fees for restricted offers. Allies Only could be a fee of a couple gold, say 2-5 gold per offer. Realm Only to be twice that, or 4-10 gold per offer. (Not sure what a good fee would be to give incentive for rural lords to post Open offers, but not make it extortionate if they don't. I think even a small fee would convince may rural lords to start posting less restrictive orders.) Rationale is that it takes time/money for the Marketplace to screen traders to meet the desired restrictions. For Open offers they just let anyone buy it. But for restricted offers they have to verify the identity of the trader.

This. Have fees for restricted offers. That's the easiest way to get unrestricted offers. Not huge fees, but fees. I would think 40-100 gold in revenue is a reasonable take for a small rural in a harvest period. Which makes me think that a fee of 4-10 gold for restricted offers is probably fine.
    "A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner