Author Topic: Reworking Trade  (Read 108328 times)

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Reworking Trade
« Reply #300: July 03, 2012, 04:53:23 AM »
The realm would punish him because he's directly harming the realm out of greed. My duke would openly ask for the person to be banned in the realm messaging system, and would likely gain the requested support.

Especially while at war, greed that hurts a realm cannot be accepted.

lol harming my realm in which way? because i choose to charge a fair market value for my product I am thus harming my realm?  Any gold that my realm pays me or buyers pay me will inevitably be invest back into the realm I am apart of be in through recruitment of soldiers  for a war or building of better infrastructure.

The whole point in giving large amount of food production to rural regions is to allow for them to be important and also allow for their lords and knights to have a chance to make a good amount of gold. If I choose to sell my excess gold for a large sum of gold I do not see a problem with this because it is my food. I already pay a tax to my Duke and My king I owe nothing else to them.

Besides if you see no problem with allowing me to charge more gold for my food because of actions that other will take against me then I do not see the problem here. Allow for lords to charge more for food and we can see what will happen.

Also if this game is suppose to be medieval so greed kind of comes with being a noble all nobles want more power and wealth.