Author Topic: Reworking Trade  (Read 108361 times)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Reworking Trade
« Reply #300: July 03, 2012, 07:03:28 AM »
@creed: you'd rather let all your food rot away and make no money at all, than sell for 50/100? If that's the case, then I'm sorry, but no price will ever be enough for you.

I can guarantee you that if you had food that the realm needed, and wanted 100/100, one of three things would happen:
1) the realm would ban you and put in someone willing to sell for a realistic price
2) your duke would raise your taxes to a stupidly high level to pay the stupidly high price you're asking (in which case all the lords in the duchy would be pissed at you and probably ask for you to be banned)
3) the banker will slap fines on you for the amount of gold you're making from food sales.

Being able to set stupid high prices for food adds nothing to the game, and only enables trade system exploits.

Well, I might not sell to my realm at 80 per 100. But I sure as hell would sell it to my starving neighbouring realm at a price like that. My character purposefully sets the price low in realm, and set it to 50, the max it can go, for outsiders. And he manages to sell all his food at 50 gold. If he could, he would raise the price, just to see how desperate his neighbours are  :D

I don't think raising the cap just a little will cause so many exploits, besides, it would discourage food hoarding and encourage the trade game, especially on continents like FEI, where food is at a premium.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:37:58 AM by Lefanis »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell