Author Topic: Reworking Trade  (Read 108469 times)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Reworking Trade
« Reply #315: July 03, 2012, 04:28:30 PM »
For the sake of balancing and statistics, I can testify that indeed Morek has a LOT of food stored and could potentially sell most of it to somehow cancel starvation in the rest of dwilight.

The main problem I can think of, besides Morek's well known far from generous attitude, is that it's quite a slow procedure to shuffle food around systematically: too many people need to do actions in particular regions, and for each transition prices raise since everyone wants his share. I guess trade flow would get larger if Lords simply started to sell wildly without waiting for contracts or bankers or agreements, but still many do not seem interested in doing it or simply put some hundred bushels for sale every now and then, resulting in a huge stockpile.

In the end I believe the new trade system implies a much decentralised mindset which is yet to come, since people were more or less used to sell large quantities of food to single traders coming from realm x with which the trader made a certain deal beforehand.