Author Topic: Reworking Trade  (Read 108457 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Reworking Trade
« Reply #90: February 07, 2012, 03:31:06 AM »
I'm a bit confused about how the offers work. About who can set buy or sell offers, and when and where.
A lord/steward can create a buy/sell offer against their regions stocks whenever they are in a market place., or in their home region.

Any lord, steward, or trader can act to fill an order whenever they are in a marketplace. Lords/stewards can also do this in their home region, whether it has a marketplace or not.

Putting up a a sell offer from my region, for cheap, ain't a good option for giving food away though as the first trader/lord to check the markets will be able to snatch it before the intended duke.
Correct. But it would require someone to be in range, and checking, and willing to take it. You will, however, at least know who took it.

Aren't people saying that the government can set that you can only trade with allies, or no one?
Ahh.. I see what you mean. No, the government does not set that. The lord sets that for each trade they post. The lord sets these things:
  • buy or sell
  • price
  • quantity
  • Who can trade on the offer
This is all set by the lord. The banker/duke can see the offers, but not control them in any way. In fact, there is no way for them to even see who the offer is restricted to.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.