Author Topic: Reworking Trade  (Read 108473 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Reworking Trade
« Reply #90: February 07, 2012, 03:52:58 AM »
]

The confusion I have is, how did you used to say to you I will buy/sell at X? There was no explicit mechanics for it and the only way I knew that it worked was micromanaging or hoping no one beat your caravans, which is still possible now. If you are talking about sending out buy caravans with more gold per 100 then the regions buying price, I would have to go and look that up again. My understanding was it always favoured the caravans, so you caravans would buy at the lowest possible cost up to the amount you set. I could be wrong about that.

Because I sent a lot more caravans abroad than others sent to me, and because I sent a lot of caravans with, in mind, not the current displayed offers but what would likely be next. I didn't bother to calculate how long was the travel to time the caravans with harvests, I just sent *a lot* of caravans. It was not rare for me to have 20 or so caravans out at the same time.

Others could theoretically beat me, yes, but the difference was in the caravan delays. Those willing to sell to me for cheaper, or those I was willing to sell for cheaper were a lot closer to me than any competitor, as traders needed to be in the region in person and neighboring realms were all exporters, not importers.

Mind you, I think the new system is not as bad for these things as I first thought. As I said in my last post, I'll try to try it out as soon as possible. I did not realize you could set purchase offers, I thought you could only accept sell offers.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron